• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I seen enough from the Memphis game to say that CWT........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Repeatedly putting Flowers in for a series after White makes a successful drive is all I need to see from Taggart.

Wanting to start Flowers yesterday puts it over the top.

Did I miss something about CWT "wanting to start" Flowers? Must be in another thread. Who stopped him?

I really liked putting Flowers in during the 4th quarter when White went out down by a couple of touchdowns. Everyone in the building knew we needed to pass, and here we were trying to run for first downs with a guy that can't throw. But then he puts Bench in on 3rd down.

Brilliant! It amazes me that anyone can defend him at this point.

It's in another thread. It says that Taggart wanted to start Flowers but did not because of the family tragedy with Flowers' brother this week.

Said there was a "good chance" that he would have started ... probable but not definitive.

Yeah, that makes it a lot better.  

:guinness:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The really strange part is that there are some scenarios it would make sense to put him in, like 3rd and 1.  Or goaline scenarios.  

Unless we didn't make the first down or the touchdown, then it would have been a horrendous decision .... You guys are funny.

Short yardage is the best scenario for him to be in.  Get one more athlete on the field.  Lots of successful coaches use a guy like Flowers in that situation. 

But Taggart knows the Harbaugh's so he must be a genius.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Regardless of what we want to see, there have been bright spots and improvements among the bad play.

Some positives I have seen are; I think Wulff is an improvement as OC CWT just needs to get out of his way, our team is no longer slow on D or O, and there is some young talent that I have not seen since CJL era. Taggart will get another year and we will have to go from there. Whomever is in charge of tackling and catching fundamentals needs to go.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Regardless of what we want to see, there have been bright spots and improvements among the bad play.

Some positives I have seen are; I think Wulff is an improvement as OC CWT just needs to get out of his way, our team is no longer slow on D or O, and there is some young talent that I have not seen since CJL era. Taggart will get another year and we will have to go from there. Whomever is in charge of tackling and catching fundamentals needs to go.

Despite losing I thought the offense was much better against Memphis than against the abhorrent SMU team. We did discuss in the chat room how CWT needs to be a hands off executive head coach, bring in the talent, tell the coordinators the direction he wants and then get out of the way because as far as I can tell CWT is preventing the talent from excelling.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Repeatedly putting Flowers in for a series after White makes a successful drive is all I need to see from Taggart.

Wanting to start Flowers yesterday puts it over the top.

Did I miss something about CWT "wanting to start" Flowers? Must be in another thread. Who stopped him?

I really liked putting Flowers in during the 4th quarter when White went out down by a couple of touchdowns. Everyone in the building knew we needed to pass, and here we were trying to run for first downs with a guy that can't throw. But then he puts Bench in on 3rd down.

Brilliant! It amazes me that anyone can defend him at this point.

It's in another thread. It says that Taggart wanted to start Flowers but did not because of the family tragedy with Flowers' brother this week.

Said there was a "good chance" that he would have started ... probable but not definitive.

Yeah, that makes it a lot better.

:guinness:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Despite losing I thought the offense was much better against Memphis than against the abhorrent SMU team. We did discuss in the chat room how CWT needs to be a hands off executive head coach, bring in the talent, tell the coordinators the direction he wants and then get out of the way because as far as I can tell CWT is preventing the talent from excelling.

I think I agree.

But how do you say no to a king?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

deserves another year to get this turned around. Vegas had USF losing by 20 pts to Memphis, but USF was able to keep it at 11 points. CWT is on the right track with recruiting. He played a lot of Fr and Sophs that will be better. Things are looking up for USF. Keep the faith and give CWT one more season. 

I think Taggart deserves another year as well, but your rationale is because we covered the points spread against Memphis?  :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Yes Taggart can recruit promising high school kids, and so far from what I've seen I have some reason to believe they can be successful at the college level as well.

But please. For the love of all that is green and holy on this earth GET A FRIGGIN QB.

yes white is progressing but this is his second season and I've see two many ups and downs. The kid will be a solid back up but please Taggart please get a quality thrower in the pocket. Recruit, JUCO, heck even a walk on just GET. IT. DONE.

I agree it would be nice to bring in a 5th year senior but White is a true sophomore that could end up being pretty good. unfortunately for him he didn't have the luxury of sitting on the bench for 4 years while he learned the college game. any learning he has done has been on the field and in front of the fans who constantly scrutinize every mistake. it would be the same way for 95% of college QBs if they were expected to play so early.

95%?? Seems a big high. I'd think a lot closer to 60-70%. Plenty of true freshman/true sophomore QBs out there that figure it out quickly.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Offense did decent..some very questionable calls though.

It just makes you think of what we could do with more logical coaching.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104

Got to start from the bottom to get to the top. Patience USF fans