• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I seen enough from the Memphis game to say that CWT........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart really needs a TE that can catch the football too.   McFarland is just awful.  I swear he must have atleast 15 drops this season, and every single one seems to be a 1st down play where we would have picked up 6 - 8 yards and be set up for an easy 1st down pickup on 2nd or 3rd down.

Taggart should get one more season.  The O-Line is much better.  The defense is extremely young and inconsistent but shows flashes at times,.  Our RB core is the best in the AAC.   Our WR's and TE's drop more passes then anyone in the country.  Our QB's are wildly inconsistent, but at the very least don't turn it over very much.   Alot of his recruits from this 2014's massive class are not even playing this year and are just redshirting anyways.  If even a handful of them are as good as Mack and Johnson then this team will start winning alot more games really soon.  If not then we have to look elsewhere for a coach, but to fire him for trying to fix a massive dumpster fire only two years in, when they have shown some improvement is stupid.

I disagree with the assessment of the running game. The run game should be the focal point of this offense, but we don't see enough 2nd and 6s or 3rd and 1 or 2 which puts more strain on our passing game. Our running game has pretty much consisted of 6 long runs (3 against WCU, 2 against Tulsa, 1 against Memphis) and then 2.7 yards per carry otherwise (which would be last in FBS). We are ranked 112th in the country in rushing yards per game. I like the idea of Macks speed being able to break long runs, but in reality that has been just a small fraction of a running game that has struggled. We need someone who can get the tough yards on runs up the middle and not just rely on speed.

I don't think it's fair to judge our running game like that. I think Johnson has been really good and I think Mack has been spectacular. Defenses stack the box against us due to our lack of passing game. They don't respect it and they shouldn't. I don't think the running game as a whole should get praised, but if we had even a below average passing attack the running game would be so much better.

true about the running game and defenses stacking the box.  Any coach worth his weight in salt would do that!