• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB wins again!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

I guess the Taggart ERROR has rubbed off on some .......because of your cynicism.

There's no negativity there .... Just saying that COA may be the guy but Stan did set the bar pretty high, relatively speaking.

LMFAO. A sub-.500 guy set the bar high? What will TBP say next...

Two fluke 20-win seasons amongst a pile of sub-12 win seasons is not setting the bar high. Sorry.

You apparently don't understand the concept of "setting a bar" ...

Did he "set a bar"? Sure, his two best years certainly did. His entire resume though? Mediocre. I hope future coaches aspire to do what Heath fluked into one year. I mean, he won as many games the year before and after the tournament year combined. Total fluke.

Well let's hope that USF doesn't have to experience any more 19+ loss seasons. In fact I doubt that we ever see that from Coach O's program. This season might be the best time opportunity to see that and baring major injury I just don't see a dreadful season like the 5 Heath had.

Better not see any more 19+ loss seasons, with the possible exception of this year. Easier conference, no facility excuses as far as recruiting goes .... support could be the only thing that may need to be worked on, but successive winning years should help that. COA is set up nicely to have USF be an upper level program in the conference.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So far, it looks like Coach Antigua is doing well in recruiting. I hope that translates to wins.

We don't know yet if it will.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Better not see any more 19+ loss seasons, with the possible exception of this year. Easier conference, no facility excuses as far as recruiting goes .... support could be the only thing that may need to be worked on, but successive winning years should help that. COA is set up nicely to have USF be an upper level program in the conference.

This coaching staff has it so easy, as compared to coaching staffs in the past. Plus, everyone is getting a decent salary. We have 'just' been to the NCAA's. It's not like they've got to get rid of that 500-lb gorilla of not dancing in 20+ years.

I'm very optimistic about our program.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

So far, it looks like Coach Antigua is doing well in recruiting. I hope that translates to wins.

We don't know yet if it will.

Absolutely right, Del, we don't know yet. I will say, however, based on what I have seen from this team so far, USFMBB will be better coached than squads I saw under Greenberg, McCullum, and Heath. That gives me hope that Antigua could be successful, since he seems to be recruiting well.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I love how all of you put so much emphasis on the final score of a game to determine the success this team will have this season. So using that logic, UCONN is going to suck too. They're preseason ranked at #17 but were losing to an unranked Bryant team 34-28 at halftime and only won by 13. UT OH! The basement-dwellers, UCONN! As we all agree, this is a young team, they'll take a few games to learn each other and come together as a team. This team is a 20+ win team. Watch and see. I don't care what crap I get about that. Last year's team was probably one of the worst in recent memory, leading to the firing of the head coach and we still managed 12 wins. This team will win way more than any one but me expects. They have the pieces, and Coach Antigua knows how to put them together, he is no Stan Heath. Heath was incapable of adapting and retraining his teams when things didn't work out, this will be different and you all will see that things are much different now soon enough if you haven't already.

So how do we get 15 more wins this year?

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

I love how all of you put so much emphasis on the final score of a game to determine the success this team will have this season. So using that logic, UCONN is going to suck too. They're preseason ranked at #17 but were losing to an unranked Bryant team 34-28 at halftime and only won by 13. UT OH! The basement-dwellers, UCONN! As we all agree, this is a young team, they'll take a few games to learn each other and come together as a team. This team is a 20+ win team. Watch and see. I don't care what crap I get about that. Last year's team was probably one of the worst in recent memory, leading to the firing of the head coach and we still managed 12 wins. This team will win way more than any one but me expects. They have the pieces, and Coach Antigua knows how to put them together, he is no Stan Heath. Heath was incapable of adapting and retraining his teams when things didn't work out, this will be different and you all will see that things are much different now soon enough if you haven't already.

Well, we need to score at least one more point than our opponent in 15 of our remaining games ...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Well, we need to score at least one more point than our opponent in 15 of our remaining games ...

Well, history tells us 20 wins are not in the future if THIS team.