• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB wins again!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

I guess the Taggart ERROR has rubbed off on some .......because of your cynicism.

There's no negativity there .... Just saying that COA may be the guy but Stan did set the bar pretty high, relatively speaking.

LMFAO. A sub-.500 guy set the bar high? What will TBP say next...

Two fluke 20-win seasons amongst a pile of sub-12 win seasons is not setting the bar high. Sorry.

You apparently don't understand the concept of "setting a bar" ...

Let's examine Stan's record at USF.

2007 - 2008   12-19

2008 - 2009   9-22

2009 - 2010   20-13  Dominique Jones' senior season.

2010 - 2011   10-23

2011 - 2012   22-14  Ron Anderson Jr.'s senior season.  Record during a down year for the Big East. Traditional powers UCONN, Pitt, & Villanova all under .500 in conference play. We were beating up on the already beaten up. We were decent but the conference was weaker than usual when we're typically slaughtered.

2012 - 2013   12-19

2013 - 2014   12-20

I think we need to all get on the same page and decide, are we considering Heath's record relative to previous records at USF or when compared to being a good coach who actually wins. When I look at this all I see is a .429 win percentage overall and .294 in conference. So in actuality his .429 win % is made up of beating weak out of conference teams, possibly Division II before being slaughtered in the Big East and only winning .294 against actual competition. Plus in his 7 year tenure, he probably collected 20 of his 37 wins from beating DePaul and Providence.

LOL ... then there's absolutely no reason to discuss anything further. People see what they want to see and make excuses, lame ones at times, to support their views .... on both sides

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

2007 - 2008   12-19

2008 - 2009   9-22

2010 - 2011   10-23

2011 - 2012   22-14  Ron Anderson Jr.'s senior season.  Record during a down year for the Big East. Traditional powers UCONN, Pitt, & Villanova all under .500 in conference play. We were beating up on the already beaten up. We were decent but the conference was weaker than usual when we're typically slaughtered.

2012 - 2013   12-19

2013 - 2014   12-20

I think we need to all get on the same page and decide, are we considering Heath's record relative to previous records at USF or when compared to being a good coach who actually wins. When I look at this all I see is a .429 win percentage overall and .294 in conference. So in actuality his .429 win % is made up of beating weak out of conference teams, possibly Division II before being slaughtered in the Big East and only winning .294 against actual competition. Plus in his 7 year tenure, he probably collected 20 of his 37 wins from beating DePaul and Providence.

LOL ... then there's absolutely no reason to discuss anything further. People see what they want to see and make excuses, lame ones at times, to support their views .... on both sides

You're right. Heath was bad. 20+ wins this season on the way!!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I guess the Taggart ERROR has rubbed off on some .......because of your cynicism.

There's no negativity there .... Just saying that COA may be the guy but Stan did set the bar pretty high, relatively speaking.

Two fluke 20-win seasons amongst a pile of sub-12 win seasons is not setting the bar high. Sorry.

Did he "set a bar"? Sure, his two best years certainly did. His entire resume though? Mediocre. I hope future coaches aspire to do what Heath fluked into one year. I mean, he won as many games the year before and after the tournament year combined. Total fluke.

2007 - 2008   12-19

2008 - 2009   9-22

2010 - 2011   10-23

2012 - 2013   12-19

2013 - 2014   12-20

You're right. Heath was bad. 20+ wins this season on the way!!

Hey, I hope you're right .... just don't start whining if we don't get it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I never knew DoJo had a senior year

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Did he "set a bar"? Sure, his two best years certainly did. His entire resume though? Mediocre. I hope future coaches aspire to do what Heath fluked into one year. I mean, he won as many games the year before and after the tournament year combined. Total fluke.

Well let's hope that USF doesn't have to experience any more 19+ loss seasons. In fact I doubt that we ever see that from Coach O's program. This season might be the best time opportunity to see that and baring major injury I just don't see a dreadful season like the 5 Heath had.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

HA HA you got me! Because that was the important part of what I said.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

HA HA you got me! Because that was the important part of what I said.

Talk about a roster hole. Imagine if he stayed his last year. That would have been an impressive string of seasons for Stan.

Right, because USF was a place you reloaded every year rather than rebuild and Stan failed to follow that course ... His 3rd year here, first post season in a decade ... 5th year, first NCAAT appearance in 20 years and first 2 wins in the history of the program. Was there an expected drop off after that year, absolutely. Made worse by the academic committee's drop kicking of Austin and less than 100% AC, which carried over into the following year .... but this is crap that's been debated to death and in the end, we all believe what we want to believe.

If COA wins 20 games 5 years in a row but doesn't win one NCAAT game, do we call for his head?