• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brandon Ziarno, QB, 2015, Melbourne FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

let's hope he isn't Asiantii Woulard v.2.0

wouldn't he have committed and decommitted and then recommitted by now? or did his "dad" contact you about setting up a website for him? :D

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart ruins qbs. I don't see how he will be able to recruit a good qb. It's obvious he and his staff cannot coach them.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart ruins qbs. I don't see how he will be able to recruit a good qb. It's obvious he and his staff cannot coach them.

Odd, seing how Taggart was a QB himself.

You'd figure he'd be pretty familiar with the position.

Maybe the QBs on our team just arent that good?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just because someone can DO something, doesn't mean they can TEACH it, or evaluate it.

Different skills

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What makes you say this?  The QBs we have weren't blue chippers.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So Taggs can make a good QB good, and make a great QB great.

WTF do we need him for then?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So Taggs can make a good QB good, and make a great QB great.

WTF do we need him for then?

There's a huge difference between developing a QB and ruining one.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not going to be right every time. But equating this to the Ironside thing isn't fair. I believe I've earned more than that.

this would be more like your robert davis 2.0

Much more accurate. I can live with that, for sure. I mean, if the downside for me as an evaluator is Robert Davis then that's not such a bad thing. At the time that I was onto Davis he had no reports of interest from anyone and was just a very small back that played in a low level division of high school football and had an offer list that looked like he might be destined for FCS. I'd say he's done pretty well for himself since that point. Davis was recruited by a team that might end up the best of the G5 schools when all is said and done this season, and even though that team has a crowded backfield, Davis still found his way into some late-game carries as a freshman, including a touchdown.

Could also be described as my Chase Litton 2.0, but I don't think he comes with the sort of character concerns that Litton has. This kid has a 3.8 GPA and hasn't been in any kind of trouble. The book isn't closed on Litton himself either as he's still scheduled to go to Marshall next year. **** shame that Marshall lost today. They'll still win the CUSA Championship though and end up in a good bowl. And Litton should do well in that system.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Incidentally I don't want to bring up such an explosive subject but Woulard himself looks like he's going to have a hell of a battle with the top rated high school quarterback in the country next year, Josh Rosen. Not to mention, the Neuheisal kid will be involved in that battle. He's already been slated as the guy that came in for Hundley when he got hurt this year, so it's not that unbelievable that Neuheisal could be deemed the bridge to Rosen, if Rosen himself doesn't take the job straight away.

And if Asiantii loses that three-way battle, you can look for him to transfer.

I wonder if he's burned too many bridges here (or the other way around) to consider USF.

I kept trying to tell people during offseasons' past...winning is too important to allow butt-hurt to guide your decision-making. If you're losing because you can't score and you can't score because you have no quarterback, then I don't care how butt-hurt you are about how the Asiantii Woulard thing played out, or how the Chase Litton thing played out, the most important thing question is whether they're talented and can help us. Either one of them absolutely could.

Edited by ckparrothead