• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

The general consensus going into the season was USF wins 4 games. More would be sweet, but 4 was their ceiling.  I understand the frustrations with the coaching and scheme. I understand the frustration with the fans knowing the supposed potential of the players on the field.  However, USF has improved in the win column over last season, and the ceiling of 4 wins is still very achievable.   

My question for the Bullspen faithful is: will a win over one of the remaining opponents satiate the die hards?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

For me, it's not the losing that pisses me off. It's the total lack of fire on the field.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102

There is no fire or passion or meanness coming from the offensive line.  That is where it all starts.  Poor line play means poor skilled player play do to no time to run plays which means more time the defense is on the field and getting worn down giving up points.

Fans need to keep in mind that there are 19 true freshman in a 2 deep rotation.  That is very telling.

If the team does not win, it is what it is.  However, have the players and team progressed in positive aspect from week to week considering their youth?  This is where the problem has been.  Poor offensive line play and getting pushed around leads to a demoralized skill position and an exhausted defense.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think any rational fan would say their concern is the lack of progress, not the lack of wins. It doesn't appear that in a season and half we're any better than we were last year except in recruiting (which can't be fully evaluated for a couple more years).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

There is a difference between 4-8 with some games where the team plays a good game but is just out manned and 4-8 with the 4 wins coming in close pillow fight games against Western Carolina, Tulsa, UConn, and SMU where USF should have the far better talent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

I will be happy when I see passion on the field. The fans have given up and so have the players. I felt this same way about he same time last year when the the SMU and Memphis came along. The players were done with the season, UCF will once again be out Bowl game and I'm pretty sure that's the only game that we will see any resemblance of passion on the field the rest of the season. Don't get me wrong, I hope to God I'm wrong but I'll believe that when I see it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

The thing that just annoys me the most is that UConn and Temple are both in "rebuilding" phases yet they both just pulled off huge upsets!! UConn was arguably more crippled than we are and yet they took down the defending AAC champs even after their fans (I checked their message boards) had pretty much given up hope just like a lot of us have. My point here is that even the rest of the bad teams in this bad conference are improving, while we are stalling. I have been a Taggart supporter but I am starting to question some aspects.

Im probably overreacting in some aspects but i just wanna see my **** team perform like they should

Edited by RedBull13

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The team is boring to watch. We aren't very competitive in losses. If we are in the game until the 4th its a different feeling than knowing before the end of the first quarter that the game is already over. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I can't expect a win over Memphis or UCF.  I can't expect a perfect season.  I do expect us to try.  The last few games (and several other losses this season) just make me think that this team doesn't want the win.  We can't block for runners, we give up screen passes all the time, we can't stop the run now, special teams is falling apart.  It makes me feel like the team checked out, especially after last week's loss to Cinci. 

I expect us to beat SMU.  They are terrible.  If we lose that game we might as well not play the rest of the season.  If we show signs of being competitive against Memphis and UCF, I will feel better.  But for the love of all that is entertaining:  Beat SMU.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I think any rational fan would say their concern is the lack of progress, not the lack of wins. It doesn't appear that in a season and half we're any better than we were last year except in recruiting (which can't be fully evaluated for a couple more years).

^^^^ this,  Its not the number of wins, its the quality of the wins, ,( or lack of quality) the way we lose and the lack of progression on the field.

Edited by Dhambuc