• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The consensus from most fans on this board was not 4 and 8.  A select few predicted that type of season.

The Bulls played very well on the road at Wisconsin and played Maryland tough.  Both better teams than us.  We also played well vs. ECU, again, better than us. 

We had the largest comeback in school history at Tulsa.  Most left at halftime and missed one of the truly great games in Bulls' history. 

Cincy beat us much worse than the score indicated. 

Houston has the number 14 defense in the country.  Their strength played very well vs. our weakness (offense). 

We beat three teams this year.  If we would have won 50 to 0 would that have been better?  A win is a win!

We have the top rusher in the AAC and he's a freshman.  This team has lots of upside with a changing culture and we find reason to whine about everything. 

Realistic perspective is this is a 4 and 8 team.  Lots of football left and we shall see. 

Who have failed this season are the fans and students.

Go Bulls!

I was specifically told the culture change was complete. It was official and everything.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

The consensus from most fans on this board was not 4 and 8.  A select few predicted that type of season.

The Bulls played very well on the road at Wisconsin and played Maryland tough.  Both better teams than us.  We also played well vs. ECU, again, better than us. 

We had the largest comeback in school history at Tulsa.  Most left at halftime and missed one of the truly great games in Bulls' history. 

Houston has the number 14 defense in the country.  Their strength played very well vs. our weakness (offense). 

We beat three teams this year.  If we would have won 50 to 0 would that have been better?  A win is a win!

We have the top rusher in the AAC and he's a freshman.  This team has lots of upside with a changing culture and we find reason to whine about everything. 

Realistic perspective is this is a 4 and 8 team.  Lots of football left and we shall see. 

Go Bulls!

Don't forget getting blown out by NC State at home, barely beating WCU and UConn, and the bad QB play. 

That Tulsa win was surprising, I wouldn't call it "great" by any stretch of the imagination.  That was two bad teams melting down in different halves. 

No one expected us to win every game.  We all expected a 6-6 or 4-8 season.  But I think we wanted a more competitive 4-8 team.  Not a 4-8 team that managed to be a little better/luckier than some of the worst teams in the country.

Quit blaming fans and students for not showing up.  Its not a failure to not want to watch a losing product.  We don't exactly have a strong history on our side to keep them coming.  If the losses were closer/more competitive and the wins were better, we might have some more people willing to show.  But the energy isn't there at RayJay on Saturdays this year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The general consensus going into the season was USF wins 4 games. More would be sweet, but 4 was their ceiling.  I understand the frustrations with the coaching and scheme. I understand the frustration with the fans knowing the supposed potential of the players on the field.  However, USF has improved in the win column over last season, and the ceiling of 4 wins is still very achievable.   

My question for the Bullspen faithful is: will a win over one of the remaining opponents satiate the die hards?

At this point, wins won't satiate, only attitude can do that.

Play with fire or go play with yourself at home

• Upvote 1

The general consensus going into the season was USF wins 4 games. More would be sweet, but 4 was their ceiling.  I understand the frustrations with the coaching and scheme. I understand the frustration with the fans knowing the supposed potential of the players on the field.  However, USF has improved in the win column over last season, and the ceiling of 4 wins is still very achievable.   

My question for the Bullspen faithful is: will a win over one of the remaining opponents satiate the die hards?

Can I do both?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Good post Bausfkid.

The culture has change, but the wins have not come (yet). Realistically we are looking at 4-8 or 5-7.

We're still going to be pretty young next season and that is what scares me. Lots of shoes to fill and we don't know who is going to fill them.

Good post Bausfkid.

The culture has change, but the wins have not come (yet). Realistically we are looking at 4-8 or 5-7.

We're still going to be pretty young next season and that is what scares me. Lots of shoes to fill and we don't know who is going to fill them.

Realistically? Really?

Realistically we're looking at 3-9

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

A win and improved play. 

Here is some perspective for the coaching staff. Find a way to make improvements on a week to week basis. Find something that works on offense. I don't care if you have to run the triple option for a few plays to get a first down or score a TD. We continue to try and fit a square peg in a round hole in this scheme and it's deflating our players and fans. We are 114/124 in total offense in college football. There are a ton of teams in college football that manage to do 50 times more with 10 times less than what we have. and we are almost 2 years into this offensive scheme. Losing + not entertaining football + not showing improvement week to week = an upset fan base/lack of support at the games.

We are extremely young and have a lot of young talent thanks to Taggart & Co., but his and the coaches job's don't stop there. He's gotta find a way to get improvement from our team. Going backwards or running in place is not okay. Our 3 Division 1 wins will probably come from teams that finish the year with a total W/L record of either 5-31 or 4-32 (something along those lines). Not impressive to say the least. It is a start and you've gotta start somewhere and for us unfortunately, it is beating teams like that. 

Taggart has 3 games to give the fans something to hold onto going into the offseason and into next year. A win against UCF would be just that. It would give the fans something to really be happy about. Anything other than that, even a 4-8 season with wins against the crap that they'll probably be against and our expectations will continue to be low and so will support of the program.

Edited by USFbulls24

Can I do both?

Go for it!

MjAxMy0yZTM5OTEyNWMwOGU4NmFh.png

The only quitters are the students and the fans.  The team has shown up for every game.

Classic. You just made me tinkle.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Go Bulls!

Expecting to see improvement from week to week is not realistic?