• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz and Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I've only seen Taggart accept responsibility for bad decisions, not how well his teams are coached, handle situations, etc..

(From a previous game:)

Jeff Odom â€@ByJeffOdom

#USF coach Willie Taggart says he takes responsibility for the loss. Says he doesn't feel the team was prepared enough: "It's on me."

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Aside from maybe the quarterback position there is no doubt that Taggart has brought a lot more talent to the school than Skippy. Not that skip brought a quarterback, but Willie hasn't shown that he has either.

Clearly, the way he is racking up wins.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Both suck. But Taggart might be the worst football coach in USF history.

NSIYAS. Worse than Holtz? Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Holtz failed to get a good QB at USF. Now USF is still trying to get that mess figured out. Some fans say it is time to stop blaming Holtz for our failures, but I belive we need to give CWT at least 3 seasons before we can put more blame on CWT recruits. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Will florida offer taggart a job? :D

If they do we'll immediately give Taggart an extension :)

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Aside from maybe the quarterback position there is no doubt that Taggart has brought a lot more talent to the school than Skippy. Not that skip brought a quarterback, but Willie hasn't shown that he has either.

You really expect a bunch of 1st and 2nd year guys to rack up wins?

Why don't you watch the product on the field and I actually learn what football is. Anyone with two eyes can see that there's more talent surrounding the horrible quarterback position. If BJ Daniels was here we would probably be looking at only one or two losses this year. Only reason Skippy was able to even win 8 his last two years.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Why don't you watch the product on the field and I actually learn what football is. Anyone with two eyes can see that there's more talent surrounding the horrible quarterback position. If BJ Daniels was here we would probably be looking at only one or two losses this year. Only reason Skippy was able to even win 8 his last two years.

I miss BJ....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I expect the offense to rate higher than the 100s.  That isn't too much to ask from a program trying to get into the P5, is it?

It appears the RB position has more depth.  Outside of that, I'm not seeing anything.  The only other quality player we have on offense is Andre Davis, thanks to Holtz.  No, I'm not seeing all this "talent" you speak of. 

And it is even funnier that you qualify "except for the QB position".  

I'm sorry ma'am, except for the fact that your husband died, the operation was a success! 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

HOLTZ is doing great at LA Tech this season

They can win the conference. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I expect the offense to rate higher than the 100s. That isn't too much to ask from a program trying to get into the P5, is it?

It appears the RB position has more depth. Outside of that, I'm not seeing anything. The only other quality player we have on offense is Andre Davis, thanks to Holtz. No, I'm not seeing all this "talent" you speak of.

And it is even funnier that you qualify "except for the QB position".

I'm sorry ma'am, except for the fact that your husband died, the operation was a success!

I'm not going to condemn a guy because he hasn't found a top QB in 1 (2?) recruiting classes. Especially since we haven't even seen Flowers yet.

The O Line is better too I see marked improvement there.

So I'm still sticking with my opinion that the rest of the team is more talented.

People don't realize that this is college and you have to recruit kids out of high school, Arizona drafter is in free agency. We're in a small crappy conference so it's not like we're getting the best of the best eiyher.