• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers position in 2015?

If white is, could flowers just redshirt next year and have 2 years of playing time? I may have asked this in another thread.

Yes he could

Flowers would have three years of playing time left if he redshirts next season... although I doubt that will happen.

My guess is we'll see this more like a Chris Leak / Tim Tebow combination... where Flowers has some run-pass option packages, while White is more of a true pocket QB.

It's just that Flowers is still learning now, and plays part of the week as the scout team QB.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I see a much better White since Davis started playing.

did you see the pick 6

the fumble

the qb job should be wide open

there is no way white should have a permanent lock on the job

he is simply not that good

What fumble?  You mean the one where he was down by contact?

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

flowers is an athlete who should be on the field...he is not ready for qb position, why not get him on as wr or for certain situational downs, perhaps get him ball on flea-flicker or whatever....i do know one reason we got him is we promised him shot at qb but he can help us now in other positions imo

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

QB position should be open for competition and Taggart needs at least 2 more QBs to come in and compete. At least one needs to be a top flight JUCO.

One decent half of football by White doesn't give him a lock on the position. He still has a long way to go and a kot to prove before he is good enough to be automatically named the starter for next year.

The advantage White will have is his experience in the system.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

flowers is an athlete who should be on the field...he is not ready for qb position, why not get him on as wr or for certain situational downs, perhaps get him ball on flea-flicker or whatever....i do know one reason we got him is we promised him shot at qb but he can help us now in other positions imo

I agree with this.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

As long as Flowers can hold onto the ball I say we get him on the field maybe at WR.

White will most likely be the QB next year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Problem is, if he wanted to play WR he could be doing it for Alabama. Why shouldn't he jump ship of we switch him?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think we should worry about him "jumping ship" and just see what Taggart does in the off season. the recruiting class isn't finished yet. I feel like Taggart would do a good job keeping Flowers around. Promising him playing time if he plays a skill position or something. I think we can get him on the field if he opens up to find a good fit.

Look at Dunkley. All Coach has to do is point to him and how Dunkley wasn't doing as well as we'd hope on offense, and now how important he is to the defense... And the returning game! 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

If white is, could flowers just redshirt next year and have 2 years of playing time? I may have asked this in another thread.

Yes he could

Flowers would have three years of playing time left if he redshirts next season... although I doubt that will happen.

My guess is we'll see this more like a Chris Leak / Tim Tebow combination... where Flowers has some run-pass option packages, while White is more of a true pocket QB.

It's just that Flowers is still learning now, and plays part of the week as the scout team QB.

Agree.