• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS... Why, When, Where.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Due to the all the talk on this subject I've have decide to make a educated look on why do we need it, when will we have it, and where is it going to be on campus.

Right now we do not need an on sight campus stadium because Ray Jay is fine location to have it at intill we start building back an USF CJL atmosphere. Now in order to do that we need to fill up Ray Jay in green and gold but how do we do that. First off we need to lower the ticket prices where your high school couple can go and watch a football game on saturday night and for families to come watch the game and get their kids into the game. When we start getting about 40-50k in the stands the team performance will improve because they will much more hyped up which inturn creates the atmosphere which will create more WINS. Then when that happens we start making plans for the stadium.

When we start making the attendance mark that i have set and we are winning consistently and upsetting big teams in Traditional USF form we lay the groundwork for the stadium and i see that happening in 10-12 years... im not saying that it will takes us this long for us to start winning but this is when the administration will consider it heavily. 

Now Where are we going to have this stadium on campus and all the parking for this stadium? So I brought up an map of USF and looked at the possible locations on sight (highlighted them on map). Now if we build the stadium we need to have at least starting capacity of 50k so for the big teams that come and play we have seat for the fans. Also we need to design the stadium where it makes it loud as hell. Now 50k would be that base of the stadium but we still need to plan for expansion cause the program will expand so have the limit of the or final stage of the expansion be 80k so when we are a big time program and winning championships we have the room and seat for it.

These are my thoughts on this and please elaborate on them.

IMG_1363.JPG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

If USF wants an OCS they should just add some extra bleachers at the soccer field. That should more than accommodate USF's future season ticket base.

I think even that is way too many.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

while (1)
{
  OCS thread(s)
}

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I'm I the only one who as soon as you see a new thread about an OCS immediately opens it to see what noob to face palm.

(Not ragging on OP at all, appreciate new threads)

Now I have gone back and actually read the post. All I can say is wow. So many levels, so many things. Just wow.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096

50k expandable to 80k???  Are you insane?  40-45k to start with expansion to the 50s would probably be ideal.  I'd rather have a packed-capacity smaller stadium than an empty cavern.

You missed one major location, and one I think is the ideal place.  The SE corner of Maple and Holly where the tennis courts are.  Those courts can be easily relocated.

Edited by bull2saintleo

50k expandable to 80k???  Are you insane?  40-45k to start with expansion to the 50s would probably be ideal.  I'd rather have a packed-capacity smaller stadium than an empty cavern.

You missed one major location, and one I think is the ideal place.  The SE corner of Maple and Holly where the tennis courts are.  Those courts can be easily relocated.

Think 10 years from now and were the program will prbly be at... i think 50k is reasonable now think 50 years ahead 80k should be fine.

the reason why I didn't circle that area was not enough parking for the stadium.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

If USF can find a way to build an OCS, they should. No doubt about it.

However,... they can't. So there is no need to talk about it right now.

I'm I the only one who as soon as you see a new thread about an OCS immediately opens it to see what noob to face palm.

Now I have gone back and actually read the post. All I can say is wow. So many levels, so many things. Just wow.

Thing is that not all of it... How ill it effect the landscape of the campus, how will the traffic be getting in and out, do we need to buy more land, Natural grass or Turf, and what about hurricanes and sinkholes? This is just scratching the surface on something that is 10yrs down the road.

Edited by David_sec329

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Thing is that not all of it... How ill it effect the landscape of the campus, how will the traffic be getting in and out, do we need to buy more land, Natural grass or Turf, and what about hurricanes and sinkholes? This is just scratching the surface on something that is 10yrs down the road.

You need to be on the planning board for this project. Are you a freshman?

You need to be on the planning board for this project. Are you a freshman?

High School JR