• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS... Why, When, Where.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

The place holder is already in place. As of now an OCS would go on the current varsity tennis complex and adjacent parking lot. Part of building an OCS would be to relocate the tennis complex up behind the new softball stadium. Only one small additional parking lot would need to be built for handicapped access and that would be across the street in the clear area just to the north of that corner. The large lots just to the south would more than accommodate parking. Also, you would be able to park off the road much like they do at UF. Parking at the SunDome and walking to the stadium would also be an option... heck... we walked farther than that at UF and at UCF.  

Well If I was making the stadium i would try to make it where you don't have to walk that far like at UF.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that but if we have the stadium there we will have to make 2 of those areas I circle parking lots for the stadium. Then we can make the stadium with track in it too or move the track thing somewhere else.

They would not have to be turned into parking lots... most campuses let people park on the grass... Fowler Field, for example, would be a place where cars would park -- but it would not be paved and turned into a parking lot.  And I would say the trees in the wetlands area near Fletcher/50th, would not be cut down to accomodate parking.

In reality, people would park all over campus... and walk to the stadium.  At Auburn, we parked more than 1 mile from the stadium and took a bus... the lot was part of their agricultural area... expect people to park at the mall... and behind MOSI where the Renaissance Faire parking is.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

while (1)

{

OCS thread(s)

If OCS == approved

break;

}

They would not have to be turned into parking lots... most campuses let people park on the grass... Fowler Field, for example, would be a place where cars would park -- but it would not be paved and turned into a parking lot.  And I would say the trees in the wetlands area near Fletcher/50th, would not be cut down to accomodate parking.

In reality, people would park all over campus... and walk to the stadium.  At Auburn, we parked more than 1 mile from the stadium and took a bus... the lot was part of their agricultural area... expect people to park at the mall... and behind MOSI where the Renaissance Faire parking is.

if thats the case we are going to have to have a service of buses taking people from the lots like at Busch Gardens for disabled and the lazy.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I'm I the only one who as soon as you see a new thread about an OCS immediately opens it to see what noob to face palm.

(Not ragging on OP at all, appreciate new threads)

Now I have gone back and actually read the post. All I can say is wow. So many levels, so many things. Just wow.

Thing is that not all of it... How ill it effect the landscape of the campus, how will the traffic be getting in and out, do we need to buy more land, Natural grass or Turf, and what about hurricanes and sinkholes? This is just scratching the surface on something that is 10yrs down the road.

You need to be on the planning board for this project. Are you a freshman?

High School JR

Thanks man, I feel better now.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If USF can find a way to build an OCS, they should. No doubt about it.

However,... they can't. So there is no need to talk about it right now.

They most certainly can

Id say that there are numerous sections within the stadium that a family of 4 could sit in ( some with or some without a donation) at a reasonable cost.   Single game tickets are 15.00  (family of 4 can attend for the cost of 1 Buc Lower Level seat). I also Believe USF has season tickets for under 100.00 a seat as well.

Depends on how you live and how you spend your money,  your income to debt ratio as well.   So All families of 4 are not equal.

Thats true thing is for me what about the family who's on hard times and would die for USF we can make it easier for them to get those tickets and at a good spot too and that will also improve the image of USF and bring more people in.

Id suggest they come on sites like this and look for those not attending looking to give them away. 

Or buying at the stadium outside for pennies on the dollar.  Very rare that one would pay FACE value at the stadium.   (Im not advocating this  Since Id rather see the money go to USF)    

Honest question though,   If  a person cant afford 15.00 for a ticket  than how will they pay for parking?   Maybe they should be working instead of worrying about attending?  Not hating on anyone,  (we all have had hard times) but sometimes you have to prioritize,  Food, Shelter, Bill money, instead of entertainment money. 

There are the Donated tickets as well that I mentioned above, We have Band Day in which 1,000 students and parents come each year,  we have the military tickets, there are the organizations like Boys and girls clubs ect....   Not sure what else USF should do in order to NOT Diminish the tickets that those of the Donors.   Why would I or anyone else donate and pay top dollar if USF is going to turn around and give away seats in my section to others for Free? Doesn't make good Business sense for USF. (USF Athletics is a business)

Your right and i agree the thing im trying to do is to get the people across the street to see a ball game. USF could set up a thing where if someone is intrested in buy season tickets they get to go to the first game of the year and if they like it they can buy the rest of the years tickets and make a deposit for the following year.

They could make the stadium in a horseshoe setup with a hill at the open end zone and give away space on the hill to whoever wants to sit there.

They could make the stadium in a horseshoe setup with a hill at the open end zone and give away space on the hill to whoever wants to sit there.

That would decrease the noise echo inside of the stadium (loudness). 

Not sure an audiologist would agree with that. Plenty of horseshoe stadiums that are loud. Edited by Sellular1

Not sure an audiologist would agree with that. Plenty of horseshoe stadiums that are loud.

The reason why i'm think that is because it would leave on side open and the sound or noise would spill out of that but if we have that area with stands we have it bouncing off and back onto the field.