• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers in at QB is a waste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

White completed one pass on a rollout!  We should celebrate!

Seriously, one out of ten gets you excited?  Do you purposely close your eyes on the incompletions so you can pretend you didn't see them?  Or do you figure if it doesn't get within ten yards of the receiver it doesn't count as a pass attempt?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Seriously, one out of ten gets you excited?  Do you purposely close your eyes on the incompletions so you can pretend you didn't see them?  Or do you figure if it doesn't get within ten yards of the receiver it doesn't count as a pass attempt?

I'm still wondering how in the Hell SANJAY didn't include you ...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can we make it a law that White never rolls out?

Can we also make it a law that when the offense has momentum the freshman qb that doesn't throw is not allowed to enter the game when we are on the 14 yard line?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

laws are meant to be broken...

Having finally had a chance to go back and watch the game I suggest, if you recorded the game, go back and check out all the pass plays and then come back and we can seriously discuss MW's accuracy inside and outside the pocket in that game because as of now, you're just doing your usual talking out of your *** with nothing to back it up.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Having finally had a chance to go back and watch the game I suggest, if you recorded the game, go back and check out all the pass plays and then come back and we can seriously discuss MW's accuracy inside and outside the pocket in that game because as of now, you're just doing your usual talking out of your *** with nothing to back it up.

I'd love to, because I can remember three passes in a row when White rolled out and missed the receiver by miles.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

The defense KNOWS exactly what we are doing...

When we put in Flowers... 

We should do a pass play instead. 

Agree, when the D see him back there EVERYONE knows what is coming.

I'd really like to see the occasional set with both White & Flowers in the backfield at the same time along with Mack so the D doesn't know which QB the snap is going to....plenty of options to keep the D guessing off of this set.  Get all the play makers on the field !

If not, then I'd put him in the shotgun to give him some space and run the option or run the option and have him dump it over the line to the TE. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

I thought Bench was the back up. Back up to what. The waterboy?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

Like you I re-watched the game a few nights ago to get a TV perspective and watch it a little closer.  White had an excellent game - look great in the pocket AND was very poised, accurate and the OL game him great protection.  The only errant throw (that I remember) was the 1 time when he was on the move and he threw into the ground before the receiver.  AD had a nice game BUT he had 3-4 critical drops late in the game that could have changed the tide.....in my opinion this is what cost us any hope of winning.  AD needs to play with more passion, he's got the size he needs to use his body to shield off the defenders....get a little mad and go get the F'n the ball.  USF overall looked very good overall, just 3 series or so late in the game that cost of the game.  We could have won, but late mental lapses cost us the game.  

Edited by Bulls2k

Like you I re-watched the game a few nights ago to get a TV perspective and watch it a little closer.  White had an excellent game - look great in the pocket AND was very poised, accurate and the OL game him great protection.  The only errant throw (that I remember) was the 1 time when he was on the move and he threw into the ground before the receiver.  AD had a nice game BUT he had 3-4 critical drops late in the game that could have changed the tide.....in my opinion this is what cost us any hope of winning.  AD needs to play with more passion, he's got the size he needs to use his body to shield off the defenders....get a little mad and go get the F'n the ball.  USF overall looked very good overall, just 3 series or so late in the game that cost of the game.  We could have won, but late mental lapses cost us the game.  

I wouldn't say White had an excellent game. He did make some bad throws at inopportune times to go along with the inopportune drops .....but I had also forgotten how critical penalties were late in the game when we were trying to come back.