• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White only played one year of high school QB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So is the point that, he had a junior year, so those that are saying he played only one year are full of crap? 

Yes. Yes it is.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Ha!  If I wasn't so slow on the uptake, and JTrue and Sipher didn't spell it out for me, I'd say JTrue owes me a beer. 

Thanks y'all.  Glad it's Friday because my brain has gone into weekend mode ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So is the point that, he had a junior year, so those that are saying he played only one year are full of crap? 

Yes. Yes it is.

And to your point when you posted the link:

Yes ... /thread

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To me, that speaks to his potential.

Personally, I have never argued White does not have potential.  I think the guy has a great arm.  My only argument is whether Taggart is putting players on the field that RIGHT NOW give the team the best chance to win.  Flowers oozes potential, but he is nowhere near the best choice for the team to win RIGHT NOW.  Put players in a position to succeed.  I do not believe this coaching staff has done that, and the evidence is piling up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

After White being left in despite horrible play, I am in the grudge against Bench corner. White has shown improvement but Bench was never given a chance.

Bench has been given several chances. In fact White never sees the field at USF if Bench takes advantage of the chances he had.

Are you CWT's son or agent?

are you Steven Bench's mom?

he didn't win the job. get over it. he had more than one chance and he couldn't do it. and no it is not some conspiracy why he is on the bench.

Apparently you have not been following the conversation.  Taggart admits he was not the best choice to play last year.

where does he say that?

He doesn't. Shadow keeps making up crap based on his inability to read and understand  ... or he just likes making up for the hell of it to help his side of the argument. I suggest you just let it drop.

Sigh.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm not arguing your point at all.  I'm not arguing who was the higher rated recruit.  If I want to argue that all I have to point out is that White best offer before USF came along was FAU.  I'm not saying who will be better long term, but who was better last year in game seven.

My point was that Bench was clearly the QB last year that gave us the best chance to win.  This is because Bench was far more mentally prepared to run the offense.  Taggart went with White because he was willing to sacrifice last year for future years.  That is what he was quoted as saying.

The reason I brought it up is that Trip and others have insisted that Taggart is always trying to win, that he would not put the players that do not give the team the best chance to win.  Taggart just stated that is not the case.

I think you're wrong here. I don't have anything to go on but my gut, which tells me Bench did something to piss Taggart off, 

Check our last two drives of the Maryland game where we're down by only one score ...

After White being left in despite horrible play, I am in the grudge against Bench corner. White has shown improvement but Bench was never given a chance.

Bench has been given several chances. In fact White never sees the field at USF if Bench takes advantage of the chances he had.

he didn't win the job. get over it. he had more than one chance and he couldn't do it. and no it is not some conspiracy why he is on the bench.

Apparently you have not been following the conversation.  Taggart admits he was not the best choice to play last year.

where does he say that?

He doesn't. Shadow keeps making up crap based on his inability to read and understand  ... or he just likes making up for the hell of it to help his side of the argument. I suggest you just let it drop.

I'm making up that Taggart put White in a position where he was unlikely to succeed?  Ok.

Sigh.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm not arguing your point at all.  I'm not arguing who was the higher rated recruit.  If I want to argue that all I have to point out is that White best offer before USF came along was FAU.  I'm not saying who will be better long term, but who was better last year in game seven.

My point was that Bench was clearly the QB last year that gave us the best chance to win.  This is because Bench was far more mentally prepared to run the offense.  Taggart went with White because he was willing to sacrifice last year for future years.  That is what he was quoted as saying.

The reason I brought it up is that Trip and others have insisted that Taggart is always trying to win, that he would not put the players that do not give the team the best chance to win.  Taggart just stated that is not the case.

I think you're wrong here. I don't have anything to go on but my gut, which tells me Bench did something to piss Taggart off, 

Check our last two drives of the Maryland game where we're down by only one score ...

Yeah, and check out how many times White has brought the team back from being down one score.  He does that all the time, like in the Wisconsin and ECU games, right?  Clearly White is better because he has led the team from behind zero times.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Many on TBP believe there has been major progress

almost seems as though a win against Tulsa is gauranteed

However,.... our inability to adjust may be our downfall

where does he say that?

I'm making up that Taggart put White in a position where he was unlikely to succeed?  Ok.

Just post where CWT said who, IF ANYBODY, would have been a better choice or STFU ...