• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White only played one year of high school QB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Am I reading that correctly?  Ranked #24 national and #3 statewide his senior year?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Am I reading that correctly?  Ranked #24 national and #3 statewide his senior year?

You're reading two things on that page:

1) His HS team was ranked #24 in the nation and #3 in the state his senior year.

2) His junior year stats.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

After White being left in despite horrible play, I am in the grudge against Bench corner. White has shown improvement but Bench was never given a chance.

Bench has been given several chances. In fact White never sees the field at USF if Bench takes advantage of the chances he had.

Are you CWT's son or agent?

are you Steven Bench's mom?

he didn't win the job. get over it. he had more than one chance and he couldn't do it. and no it is not some conspiracy why he is on the bench.

Apparently you have not been following the conversation.  Taggart admits he was not the best choice to play last year.

where does he say that?

while that might be true it's quite possible a coach makes a decision , especially in a year like last year, that would benefit the program for the future. not the present.

again if Taggart thought Bench was the answer (i.e. he had won the job) then he would be starting.

IMO, you're underestimating the power of spite.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We have to assume, that ----- even if ALL our offensive problems were corrected (receivers caught all passes, pass blocking perfect, and strong O-line adjustments)...

and it came down to a simple fluid QB play:

------ White is better than Bench.

Yeah, because football is a fluid sport and most QBs get as much time as they want to throw and WRs always catch all passes.

Oh, wait, most all QBs have to deal with pressure and imperfect receivers.  

So, you think Bench is better than White!?

Apparently, so do the coaching staff, and yet Tags refuses to put him in the games.  Why?

How do we know this? The coaching staff (except CWT) thinks Bench is better than White!?

Pretty sure even Taggs thinks Bench is better, but is holding a grudge for something.

link?

Intuition

1) His HS team was ranked #24 in the nation and #3 in the state his senior year.

Bear with me, I've never been to that site in my life, but when I click on that link, it takes me to 2012-13, which would be his senior year.  And where it says #24/#3, it's listed like this:

Jersey/Pos #14/QB Overall/District 13-0/3-0 Nat. Rank/FL Rank 24/3

So it starts with his personal info, goes to team stat  and  then team stat? 

It's a bit confusing, not sure how to read it. 

Edited by GaUSFBull

Bear with me, I've never been to that site in my life, but when I click on that link, it takes me to 2012-13, which would be his senior year.  And where it says #24/#3, it's listed like this:

Not saying you're wrong, just it's confusing. 

Definitely team stat. When you click on the 24 or 3 it takes you to the rankings.

Definitely team stat. When you click on the 24 or 3 it takes you to the rankings.

Gotcha.  I'm with you there.  But it looks like I can see his senior year stats as well ... which are mighty impressive. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Gotcha.  I'm with you there.  But it looks like I can see his senior year stats as well ... which are mighty impressive. 

Yes sir, it makes me confused when people say "he only played one year in high school" as a negative. It makes me think they have not seen the stats. Because that is dang impressive for "just one year", and on a team that was highly ranked, and won a state title.

To me, that speaks to his potential.

You can. But a thread titled "Mike White only played one year of high school QB?" that contains a link to two years of stats...might be time to hang this one up.

So is the point that, he had a junior year, so those that are saying he played only one year are full of crap?