• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

If it makes life so much easier, why not underinflate ALL of them???

The one that wasn't under inflated was the kicking ball. You want that one to be fully inflated.

Nope. There are 6 separate balls for the kicking ball. By the way, Aaron Rodgers likes to overinflate his footballs. Big whoop.

In my opinon, this should not even be an issue. This is on the officials not catching it. On a broader scale, I think the rule is stupid. If you are going to let team pick their own balls, then let the quarterbacks have it as they like them. Otherwise, the NFL should be providing ALL the balls. 

This is such a stupid topic and debate. Let's talk football okay?

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The one that wasn't under inflated was the kicking ball. You want that one to be fully inflated.

Nope. There are 6 separate balls for the kicking ball. By the way, Aaron Rodgers likes to overinflate his footballs. Big whoop.

In my opinon, this should not even be an issue. This is on the officials not catching it. On a broader scale, I think the rule is stupid. If you are going to let team pick their own balls, then let the quarterbacks have it as they like them. Otherwise, the NFL should be providing ALL the balls. 

Blame the victim

Blame the victim

Wouldn't the victim be the Colts? The officials are law enforcement, at least that's how I see things.

And I'm not absolving the Patriots. But, I will be waiting for the results of the official investigation before I start prosecuting them.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

The refs DID catch it. Watch the video below that shows the refs replacing the ball on the patriot's first possession of the 2nd half.

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware-of-patriots-deflation-allegations-1680914291

The refs DID catch it. Watch the video below that shows the refs replacing the ball on the patriot's first possession of the 2nd half.

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware-of-patriots-deflation-allegations-1680914291

Yep, I saw that. I was watching the game. I meant catch it before the game. I find it hard to believe someone could have tampered with the balls during the game (with all the cameras that are rolling). And the refs are supposed to be in possession of the balls for the period of 2.5 hours prior to the game until the game starts.

So the only way I see this getting passed is if the refs didn't check the pressure of the balls when the Patriots gave it to them at 2.5 hours before the game. Do we know for sure if the refs checked all 12 balls when they were handed to them? I suppose that's one of the items that will be addressed with the investigation.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This just like corked bats, it doesn't  matter if it helps or not (corked bats don't BTW) but both are a deliberate attempts to gain a perceived edge by breaking the rules.  There needs to be punishment here considering none of the Colts footballs were under inflated while in the same conditions.  You also have to take into account the same organization has a history of this kind of behavior while doling out the punishment.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

LOVE this comment!

Meanwhile, Packer fans are still waiting for Mike McCarthy's balls to show up.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

If they did catch it, then that pretty much renders the competitive advantage argument silly. After all, it's the 2nd half where the Patriots blew the game wide open.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone who thinks a team shouldnt be penalized for knowingly deflating football for a competive edge wants to live in the wild wild west.

If there is no advantage then WHY would they do it?  IS it a big advantage? but like Bull Dozer said either is corking a bat or scuffing baseballs.   

He had all the chances in the world to admit he messed up, he didnt because he is scared the NFL would suspend him the superbowl.  And why wouldnt they really?  If they didnt it would set the precedent you can do whatever you want and we wont penalize you.  The partiots have no itegrity as an organization.  Bob Kraft said he thought Aaron Herndez was a good kid.  Really?  Did you not google him before you drafted him?  Did you not know there were like 18 teams that said they wouldnt touch him ANYWHERE in the draft.  a known criminal, not a stupid thug like most the NFL and known criminal. 

Theres no equipment manager in the world who knows their QB likes it at 12.5 that would lower 11 of the balls below that without being told to do so.  I think 99% of the world , pats haters or not, are on the same page.  The other 1% are idiot pats fans who will defend the undefendable.  i know pats fans that are pissed after the press conferences yesterday.  Way to put a black eye on your legacies.  Idiots. 

PS Belicheat knows everything about this, he is just good at lying while Brady is awful at it.  Non story LOL. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Well, I feel like I am putting forth good, reasonable posts on this topic. But it seems like you guys don't like what I'm saying because "I am blind" or something. I also just noticed I got -1 rep on a post I spent a good amount of time on, and felt like I was having a civil discussion. 

Well, good day to you all. I don't really see a reason in returning to this thread. I said my piece.

Edited by Sipher