• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

That might have been the longest complete ******** article I've ever read.

Because you're a Pats fan?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Quote the part of the article that covers how they cheated this weekend.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

sourgrapes 

you guys really buy that deflate ball stuff

gullible

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

sourgrapes 

you guys really buy that deflate ball stuff

gullible

Agreed. So much hate towards the Patriots. Success breeds jealousy.

I am biased though.. born and raised 30 minutes from Foxboro. I'd like to think even if I wasn't, I don't have a hive mind that likes to jump on these silly ideas and try to justify why the Patriots are successful enough seemingly every year to be in Super Bowl contention.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

I'm pretty sure most people that have brought up the deflating of the balls don't believe that is the reason why they beat the Colts. It's just pointing out that they are still trying to undermine the rules of the game to get a competitive advantage, which is something they have been proven to do before on several occasions...

Even if they did deflate the balls Goodell will just destroy the evidence, anyway. 

I'm pretty sure most people that have brought up the deflating of the balls don't believe that is the reason why they beat the Colts. It's just pointing out that they are still trying to undermine the rules of the game to get a competitive advantage, which is something they have been proven to do before on several occasions...

Even if they did deflate the balls Goodell will just destroy the evidence, anyway. 

My point is that it is a joke "charge," it seems like people are just trying to come up with any excuse to say the Patriots are cheating. 

I personally think its HIGHLY suspect that the origin of this claim comes from the Indy player who caught the interception and then brought it over to his sideline for the coaches to look at since he felt like it was somewhat deflated. For two reasons:

1) I trust officials to have a better feel of a ball (who are constantly having to place it on the field) than a linebacker who barely ever touches the ball. I would think the official would notice if it felt deflated.

2) It was on the Colts sideline for who knows how long before it was even brought to the officials, who knows if THEY tampered with it.

Also, name the "several" other occasions please. As far as I know there is the one "spygate," which has been a practice many teams followed but one got busted for. If you are using that article that was earlier posted, then it's a joke because I saw no sources as to where he got that information. There were no official investigations into those claims. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

My point is that it is a joke "charge," it seems like people are just trying to come up with any excuse to say the Patriots are cheating. 

I personally think its HIGHLY suspect that the origin of this claim comes from the Indy player who caught the interception and then brought it over to his sideline for the coaches to look at since he felt like it was somewhat deflated. For two reasons:

1) I trust officials to have a better feel of a ball (who are constantly having to place it on the field) than a linebacker who barely ever touches the ball. I would think the official would notice if it felt deflated.

2) It was on the Colts sideline for who knows how long before it was even brought to the officials, who knows if THEY tampered with it.

Also, name the "several" other occasions please. As far as I know there is the one "spygate," which has been a practice many teams followed but one got busted for. If you are using that article that was earlier posted, then it's a joke because I saw no sources as to where he got that information. There were no official investigations into those claims. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/spikes-talib-say-patriots-file-false-injury-reports/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nflpa-grievance-new-england-patriots-doctor-put-team-ahead-of-patient/2014/12/11/cfae238e-814a-11e4-8882-03cf08410beb_story.html

Please post proof that any other teams were doing spy gate activities. There was video evidence of what NE was doing and the commissioner destroyed those tapes so no one could see how egregious the violation actually was. It wouldn't look good for the league if it was revealed that a team systematically cheated their opponents for years. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/spikes-talib-say-patriots-file-false-injury-reports/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nflpa-grievance-new-england-patriots-doctor-put-team-ahead-of-patient/2014/12/11/cfae238e-814a-11e4-8882-03cf08410beb_story.html

Please post proof that any other teams were doing spy gate activities. There was video evidence of what NE was doing and the commissioner destroyed those tapes so no one could see how egregious the violation actually was. It wouldn't look good for the league if it was revealed that a team systematically cheated their opponents for years. 

You got it:

2006 Dolphinshttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2696227

2007 Jetshttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3151217

2010 Broncoshttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c7301a/article/tape-of-49ers-practice-draws-50k-fines-for-broncos-mcdaniels

2011 Jetshttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/photo-of-jets-employee-with-sideline-camera-creates-stir/

Also, you are purely speculating as to the reasoning of him destroying it. You can make an argument that the league is trying to bring down the Patriots to encourage more parity. Especially considering how harshly the Patriots were treated compared to the above teams. Here's an interesting read if you have the time: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470

I'm an Eagles fan so I guess by nature I should be opposed to Belichick.  But I'll tell you what: if I am the CEO of a multi-million dollar organization, I'm taking every advantage that I know you'll let me get away with, too