• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guessing those who complain about this win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Did not attend the game.

Style points don't mean squat in those conditions. And if you paid attention, the game was never in jeopardy from the very first touchdown.

This was absolutely the best game in all phases combined that we've had under Coach T. Offense was good, defense was superb, special teams dominated field position. And I thought the coaching was excellent too

Never in jeopardy? An on-side kick goes the other way and the game is most assuredly in doubt. It was embarrasing and sad to watch - for both teams! Obviously someone had to win but we looked ridiculous!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Happy with the first quarter and when the clock read 0:0.

NOT happy with too much in the middle.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Can we stop with the caveats?

A) We all know the long list of great teams we have beaten in the past couple of seasons,

and 2) we have a young team that needs all the confidence they muster right now.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you sir.

I know we will get a couple more W's this season. The reality is that no one in our conference is that great. Right now we are super erratic with flashes of could be really good. I believe that the teams base level of play is slowly rebounding from soft/supersuck. At least the mentality of team is to get mad when they get embarrassed now.

In other news. Anyone know where I can find Catbert with a USF shirt/jersey on?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

This!

Yes, I'm very happy we won. I like winning, I like it a lot, it's better than not.

Still though I recognize we beat a very bad team by 3 points that had no back-up quarterback.

A conference win in the bank is a conference win in the bank and something to build on but this team hasn't suddenly gotten good.

Series after series of just getting past midfield and no further after gives me cause to worry.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This!

Yes, I'm very happy we won. I like winning, I like it a lot, it's better than not.

Still though I recognize we beat a very bad team by 3 points that had no back-up quarterback.

A conference win in the bank is a conference win in the bank and something to build on but this team hasn't suddenly gotten good.

Series after series of just getting past midfield and no further after gives me cause to worry.

where has anyone said that this team is now considered good?

we are making progress.

aren't fans, players and coaches allowed to be excited about that?

you people that only see the dark clouds are annoying.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Driving the ball isn't just a matter of doing it, it's a matter of mentality-you have to want to dominate the other team on every play and while the offense's hunger and desire has improved some, it's not there yet (and when it will be, we will start winning 10 games a year). It's very hard to drive the ball down 80 yards on every possession. We did well to regularly convert 2-3 first downs on most of our drives.

That said, If we end up in those fourth and 1 or 2 situations next week at Wisconsin, I would hope that we go for it. We aren't going to be favored or even close regardless. Why bother punting unless you know we can put it inside the 5 and bury Gordon or McElvoy in the endzone?

Wisconsin is a testing ground. We have no expectations. I think it would be a positive step if we regularly go for it at midfield (assuming we get that far). Force them to beat us on every play. 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This!

we are making progress.

you people that only see the dark clouds reality are annoying.

FIFY

Edited by slick1ru2

Driving the ball isn't just a matter of doing it, it's a matter of mentality-you have to want to dominate the other team on every play and while the offense's hunger and desire has improved some, it's not there yet (and when it will be, we will start winning 10 games a year). It's very hard to drive the ball down 80 yards on every possession. We did well to regularly convert 2-3 first downs on most of our drives.

That said, If we end up in those fourth and 1 or 2 situations next week at Wisconsin, I would hope that we go for it. We aren't going to be favored or even close regardless. Why bother punting unless you know we can put it inside the 5 and bury Gordon or McElvoy in the endzone?

Wisconsin is a testing ground. We have no expectations. I think it would be a positive step if we regularly go for it at midfield (assuming we get that far). Force them to beat us on every play. 

You do realize that by saying we should go for it on 4th downs that you are setting expectations, right?

you might not expect to win but you are expecting Taggart to coach a certain way.

I hope they play hard. those are my only expectations. I don't expect them to play perfect or coach a perfect game like a lot on here do.

This!

we are making progress.

you people that only see the dark clouds reality are annoying.

FIFY

obviously your reality is only the negative side of things.

I feel sorry for you.

my reality is that we played beter offensively, defensively and special teams wise today than we have in quite some time.

was it a perfect game by the coaches and players? no

was it an improvemnet over anything we have seen in a year or two? absolutely

you keep on choosing to see the negative things while I'll keep seeing the progress.

perhaps someday they will coach and play a perfect game for you.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

This!

we are making progress.

you people that only see the dark clouds are annoying.

That's what they said to Noah!