• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too Early to break out the Paper Bags?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Arkansas Freakin' State.  Really?  And Louisville was pretty bad during Kragthorpe era. 

Why do you think YOU started calling Holtz "Kragholtz" near the end of his time here?

Not near as bad as USF has been under Taggart, that much should be indisputable.

P.S. I called Holtz, Kragholtz because he had the same kind of three year trajectory as Kragthorpe.  Taking a decent team and positioning them below mediocrity.

Compare the three year records of both and you will see.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Arkansas Freakin' State.  Really?  And Louisville was pretty bad during Kragthorpe era. 

Why do you think YOU started calling Holtz "Kragholtz" near the end of his time here?

Not near as bad as USF has been under Taggart, that much should be indisputable.

It's not even comparable.

Kragthorpe took a conference championship team and had some subpar seasons.  When I say it was bad, it's completely relative.  If Holtz had had Kragthorpe/Louisville seasons here, he may have gotten an extra year or two.

Holtz took a middle of the pack Big East team and drove it into the cellar. 

Taggart is currently trying to take a cellar dweller upward but is unable to get any traction, and digging new depths in the process. 

You can't just take any two coaches from two drastically different programs and, with any degree of reason, compare apples to apples.  There are way too many nuances. 

Kragthorpe took a conference championship team and had some subpar seasons.  When I say it was bad, it's completely relative.  If Holtz had had Kragthorpe/Louisville seasons here, he may have gotten an extra year or two.

Taggart is currently trying to take a cellar dweller upward but is unable to get any traction, and digging new depths in the process. 

You can't just take any two coaches from two drastically different programs and, with any degree of reason, compare apples to apples.  There are way too many nuances. 

You missed the forest for the trees.  I can say to go back and read through my posts but you've lost it.  I haven't ever compared Taggart to Kragthorpe. Frankly, Kragthorpe (who was woefully bad for Louisville) is a better coach than Taggart, their is no comparison to make.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You missed the forest for the trees.  I can say to go back and read through my posts but you've lost it.  I haven't ever compared Taggart to Kragthorpe. Frankly, Kragthorpe (who was woefully bad for Louisville) is a better coach than Taggart, their is no comparison to make.

Focus, hbryan.  I know it may be difficult because you see red and get vehement when people disagree with you, but hopefully I took care of that by enlarging and making red the comparison between Taggart and Kragthorpe that YOU made. 

Do you see it now? 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Alright, we really need to stop blaming Holtz for this. This is Willie T's team and has been for a while now. Most of the guys on the roster are Taggart's guys. End the blame game.

This team is painful to watch. Poorly coached and looking lost at times. Our scores have basically come from the individua'ls natural athleticism and less from being well coached. If you think Taggart is the answer and are content with his progress thus far then please go find another team to support. We need answers and less finger pointing.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

4th Quarter if it is a UConn blow out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

See I am on the other side and only see the wearing of a bag as a **** move if Taggart has begun winning or at least playing respectable football. He's not doing a good job at either, so that's on him and HIS team.

Why the **** would ANYONE wear a bag over their head if their team is WINNING or "respectable?" 

Please ... name one, just ONE school, or any sports team, mind you ... where this has happened ...

What do you have to say for yourself now?  Come on, give us something good.

I'd say 4-8 isn't winning. Did I miss the other half of this argument that's not quoted?

Louisville was neither winning nor respectable when they broke out their bags .... twas a bogus example.

First, never said it was someone I didn't particularly care for, said it was a **** move. For instance, I care deeply for hbryan but his **** moves, in the form of posts, are legendary. The thing is I can't imagine that wearing the bags will have any effect, one way or the other, on whether they buy season tix the following year so all the bag wearing is is an expressing of their opinions, no different than booing. And my opinion is that it's a **** move, reflecting bad on the fanbase and could have a negative effect on recruits.

Hey, I was just coming to the defense of someone who wanted to wear a bag.  It's too **** hot for a non-mesh hat so I'm not gonna wear one.  But I do kind of like the idea of a photoshopped "Free Willie" T-shirt.  I just don't know if I want it to look like the Willie Nelson ones or the Willy, black fish ones. Taggart and HIS team still has time but if this season ends as ignominiously as last, I can guarantee you there will be bags and there will be shirts.

The problem wasn't coming to his defense, that was fine and to be expected. The problem was saying Ga didn't have the "right" to offer his opinion on the matter because of some ******** reasoning .... and I have to admit the whole "Free Willie" thing is pretty clever, although pretty ridiculous until after his 3rd season.

First, never said it was someone I didn't particularly care for, said it was a **** move. For instance, I care deeply for hbryan but his **** moves, in the form of posts, are legendary. The thing is I can't imagine that wearing the bags will have any effect, one way or the other, on whether they buy season tix the following year so all the bag wearing is is an expressing of their opinions, no different than booing. And my opinion is that it's a **** move, reflecting bad on the fanbase and could have a negative effect on recruits.

Hey, I was just coming to the defense of someone who wanted to wear a bag.  It's too **** hot for a non-mesh hat so I'm not gonna wear one.  But I do kind of like the idea of a photoshopped "Free Willie" T-shirt.  I just don't know if I want it to look like the Willie Nelson ones or the Willy, black fish ones. Taggart and HIS team still has time but if this season ends as ignominiously as last, I can guarantee you there will be bags and there will be shirts.

The problem wasn't coming to his defense, that was fine and to be expected. The problem was saying Ga didn't have the "right" to offer his opinion on the matter because of some ******** reasoning .... and I have to admit the whole "Free Willie" thing is pretty clever, although pretty ridiculous until after his 3rd season.

Sounds like you're not so much against bags as you are the timing, thinking that you have to wait until at least year three to go down that road?  

P.S. GA and I have a like-hate relationship that swings like a pendulum riding 30 foot seas.  Kind of like yours and I's TB, I kind of like rocking the boat a bit.

Sounds like you're not so much against bags as you are the timing, thinking that you have to wait until at least year three to go down that road?  

P.S. GA and I have a like-hate relationship that swings like a pendulum riding 30 foot seas.  Kind of like yours and I's TB, I kind of like rocking the boat a bit.

Nah, I'm pretty much against them, evidenced by the use, more than once, of the descriptive "**** move" when referring to them and the suggestion of using plastic laundry bags .... but I would better understand, still not condone, them if it was the latter part of his third year here and there had been not enough improvement.