• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Decision of the Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Awesome. We're going to compare CSH bad losses in 3 seasons to CWT bad losses in 1 1/4 seasons.

OK. Don't look at the losses.  Look at the signature wins.  At least there were a couple under Holtz.  If Tags (I'm going to stop calling him coach until he shows that he can) beats Wisconsin come back to us.  Until he beats someone outside of Div 2 he's worse than Holtz.

Forget signature wins.  I'd take a three or four wins over anyone at this point.  Or not getting blown out by a mediocre team.

We're not sure what kind of team NCSU is right now ....

We're not sure.  But giving up a combined 70+ 57 points to Old Dominion and an FCS team gives us a pretty big clue.

Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Awesome. We're going to compare CSH bad losses in 3 seasons to CWT bad losses in 1 1/4 seasons.

OK. Don't look at the losses.  Look at the signature wins.  At least there were a couple under Holtz.  If Tags (I'm going to stop calling him coach until he shows that he can) beats Wisconsin come back to us.  Until he beats someone outside of Div 2 he's worse than Holtz.

You mean look at the signature wins under BJ. Holtz didn't do ****. Holtz survives by having QB's make him look good. 

• Upvote 1

Well, how about that.  Georgia Southern is actually FCS.  Hard to keep track.  In any event, those two teams are bottom feeders but gave NC State a lot more game than we did.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You mean look at the signature wins under BJ. Holtz didn't do ****. Holtz survives by having QB's make him look good. 

So putting your best football player in a position to succeed is not part of coaching? That's exactly what coaching is.

That really isn't fair.  If Holtz's QBs "make him look good" it's at least in part because he puts them in a position to be able to succeed.  That is what coaching is all about.  If Taggart is doing too much, then Taggart should do less.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

Georgia Southern almost beat Georgia Tech last Saturday.  And Old Dominion's QB has record-shattering numbers.  Both of those offenses are dynamic in their own rite.  

I told my fellow brethren at the game that we would have to outscore NC State because Brissett is good as is that system.  

As for the decision.  It was absolutely stupid.  White makes the best throw of his career and then you sit him for two gadget plays and make him come back on a third down play???   Dumb

So putting your best football player in a position to succeed is not part of coaching? That's exactly what coaching is.

wtf? What do you call not having the player to put in? Because that's what holtz did, leave no one there to fill the spot. Holtz's scheme certainly wasn't phenomenal we found that out as soon as BJ went down.  A bad coach can survive with a good QB, a good coach cannot with a bad qb. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Forget signature wins.  I'd take a three or four wins over anyone at this point.  Or not getting blown out by a mediocre team.

We're not sure what kind of team NCSU is right now ....

We're not sure.  But giving up a combined 70+ 57 points to Old Dominion and an FCS team gives us a pretty big clue.

LOL ... That "FCS" team you chose not to mention beat the Gators last year and only lost to GaTech by 4 this year... and btw, they're FBS now. It's going to be a few weeks before we really know what kind of team they are .... unless they lose to Presbyterian this week.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

wtf? What do you call not having the player to put in? Because that's what holtz did, leave no one there to fill the spot. Holtz's scheme certainly wasn't phenomenal we found that out as soon as BJ went down.  A bad coach can survive with a good QB, a good coach cannot with a bad qb. 

I call that recruiting. Coaching is getting the most out of what you have available. Falling back on the tired excuse of the coach before you doesn't fall into either category.

• Upvote 1

Holtz didn't get BJD. 

I am not arguing about recruiting right now. I am saying the only reason Holtz had those glimmers is because of the phenomenal abilities of individuals. 

I am not talking about the current situation, or anything else. 

Holtz was able to win those games because a few people shined in their own outright ability to be gamers. He shined at ECU for the same reason. He is not, nor will ever be a good coach.