• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland favored by 10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

This news is exactly why I am not going to go anywhere near this line.  Jacobs went down early and it led to CJ Brown throwing 11/24 against James Madison.   For as bad as I (and I am sure the rest of us) are feeling about our passing game, if I was a Maryland fan, I wouldn't be feeling much better.

You do realize MD has their 2 top wr's coming back from injury last year in Stefon

Diggs and Deon Long. Diggs is considered a top 25 pick in the upcoming draft.

Yeah I brought this up too.  Diggs and Long are the two to worry about.  CJ Brown is terribly inconsistent, however.  Plus their running game won't be too much help.

Gotta blitz the hell out of CJ and keep him from scrambling. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Some of you here think Alabama is coming into RJS on Saturday. I am not saying we will win but it will be a good game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

This news is exactly why I am not going to go anywhere near this line.  Jacobs went down early and it led to CJ Brown throwing 11/24 against James Madison.   For as bad as I (and I am sure the rest of us) are feeling about our passing game, if I was a Maryland fan, I wouldn't be feeling much better.

You do realize MD has their 2 top wr's coming back from injury last year in Stefon

Yeah I brought this up too.  Diggs and Long are the two to worry about.  CJ Brown is terribly inconsistent, however.  Plus their running game won't be too much help.

Brown is inconsistent. Not an accurate pocket passer and more effective throwing outside the pocket. But finds ways to move the ball. Brandon Ross at rb is solid and Terps have Wes Brown coming back from suspension who was a four star recruit.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Brown is inconsistent. Not an accurate pocket passer and more effective throwing outside the pocket. But finds ways to move the ball. Brandon Ross at rb is solid and Terps have Wes Brown coming back from suspension who was a four star recruit.

Two posts.  You a Maryland fan?  It will be nice to have some conversation with some opposing team's fans.  Either way, welcome!!

You're gonna have to convince me about that RB corps though.  :)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah from MD living in Tampa. Don't know how your corners are but if Diggs and Long get constant separation, Ross gets 5 plus yards a carry, and CJ is halfway decent then the game will be a blowout. If Mack goes over 150 yards, good special teams play, and USF gets 2 or more key turnovers I can see an upset. Then Edsall will be on notice in College Park.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

This maryland team brings a lot back from last year. If CJ Brown can play with any sort of consistency, this wont be close. They are loaded at receiver (phil steele ranks them #1 in big ten) so dunkley, ward and co will need to step up. CJ Brown is also mobile so we cant lose contain on him.

The way to stop this team imo is to use this 3-4 system to disguise our blitz packages. Their rb corps is rated last in the conference. Brown is easily rattled so lets plant him to the ground and get in his head.

Brown was the only other QB in the country last week to face an FCS team and look even close to as bad as Mike White did, which is ironic because they will be facing off next week....

Not sure which games you watched.

Wake Forrest didn't even put up 100 yards against LA Monroe.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gametracker/recap/NCAAF_20140828_WAKE@LAMON

Vandy put 3 QBs on the field against Temple

FIU pulled their QB in the first quarter and put a freshman in who didn't hit 100 yards and they lost to Bethune-Cookman.

And #25 Washington, their QB completed only 10 passes as they squeaked by Hawaii 17-16, Their qb was 3 for 15 for 28 yards in the second half.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

ðŸ‘

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

This maryland team brings a lot back from last year. If CJ Brown can play with any sort of consistency, this wont be close. They are loaded at receiver (phil steele ranks them #1 in big ten) so dunkley, ward and co will need to step up. CJ Brown is also mobile so we cant lose contain on him.

The way to stop this team imo is to use this 3-4 system to disguise our blitz packages. Their rb corps is rated last in the conference. Brown is easily rattled so lets plant him to the ground and get in his head.

Brown was the only other QB in the country last week to face an FCS team and look even close to as bad as Mike White did, which is ironic because they will be facing off next week....

Not sure which games you watched.

Wake Forrest didn't even put up 100 yards against LA Monroe.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gametracker/recap/NCAAF_20140828_WAKE@LAMON

Vandy put 3 QBs on the field against Temple

FIU pulled their QB in the first quarter and put a freshman in who didn't hit 100 yards and they lost to Bethune-Cookman.

And #25 Washington, their QB completed only 10 passes as they squeaked by Hawaii 17-16, Their qb was 3 for 15 for 28 yards in the second half.

Hippy did specify facing an FCS team. I believe the only one there that fits that criteria was FIU ... ?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Safe bet at 30

I'll take your bet.  $100?

Loser buys dinner at the Food Shack

Food Shack in Jupiter?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Safe bet at 30

I'll take your bet. $100?
Loser buys dinner at the Food Shack
Where's the food shack?

Great seafood restaurant in Jupiter. Hole in the wall, but really good

I'm impressed you're aware.  Are you local?  It's one of my favorite restaurants here.