• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland favored by 10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Safe bet at 30

I'll take your bet. $100?
Loser buys dinner at the Food Shack
Where's the food shack?

Great seafood restaurant in Jupiter. Hole in the wall, but really good

I'm impressed you're aware.  Are you local?  It's one of my favorite restaurants here.

I live in Atlanta but go fishing in the Bahamas a lot and always leave out of Jupiter. Every time we make sure to stop at the Food Shak.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Safe bet at 30

Where's the food shack?

I'm impressed you're aware.  Are you local?  It's one of my favorite restaurants here.

I live in Atlanta but go fishing in the Bahamas a lot and always leave out of Jupiter. Every time we make sure to stop at the Food Shak.

Cool.  Shoot me a note next time you're in the 'hood, and I'll buy you a beer at the Shack.  I always go 2-4 PM, or the wait can be crazy.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

What type of offense does MD run? Also Is MD's QB mobile?

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Cj Brown is very mobile. I would imagine its the same offense edsall ran at uconn

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

post-8481-0-74432500-1409616840_thumb.pn

if UCF lost this week -- and we win again this week

i'd still rank UCF ahead

UCF has a bye this week... but I agree. Even a USF win may not be enough for me to move USF ahead either.

Just some data for you. I'm actually shocked that UMD has out-recruited us 5 out of the last 6 years. 

Edited by KevinUSF00

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

Maryland runs a spread 3-4 Base offense. With Sometimes a Fullback ( who is very athletic by the way 5'9 230  4.6 and we throw the ball to him alot)  We have 3 very good runningbacks. #1 is Brandon Ross think of him as a Reggie Bush (poormans version ) he  catches the ball very well. And is our out lets back  catching passes vs Linebackers and screen back. ANd he can also  run the ball regular and has some shake.  #2 Back is Reid  5'10  210 he is a mixture or Ross and Brown he has  power and shake and can make people miss.  

WES BROWN is a HORSE he is big 6'1 220, he is listed at 6'1 210. But from watching him  at the game he is bigger than that. He runs with alot of Power he usually takes 2-3 guys to take him down. 

Maryland has alot of very good receivers. But we have had some unbelievable bad luck at that position already, Our  biggest wr, Nigel King 6'3 210  transfored out of school to Kansas , because we were deep at that spot. Leverne Jacob out leading wr from last year just got suspended for the year, because he got in a fight and was arrested or something like that. ANd now his baby Brother Taivon Jacob who is a world class speedster is also out for the season.

SO my Terps are down to #1  Stefon Diggs = is  a monster and is pretty much the next DeSean Jackson,  #1B is Deon Long who is very good wr in his own right strong, and fast very good hands.  #3 Wr will most likely be  Marcus Leak a 6'0 210 guy , very very physical WR think anquan boldin  . #4  Amba Etta 6'2 200  speedster sub 10.60 /100 guy, Rs sophomore. 50-50 guy catches some drops more. #5 is Veii  a Slot wide out quick , shifty  , 50-50 he is young not too good hands 

Our O line is big and athletic and physical and experienced. Ou Tight Ends are a mixture of blockers and speedy Te in Hayward who is 6'5 230 4.6 speed flex guy.  

Maryland loves to Run our QuarterBack Cj Brown is basically  Pat White from West Va He is running Qb, who is ok at throwing. H is much better at Running than passing. He will also pump fake like he is going to throw then run. he is about 4.6/40 guy  but really moves.

We like to throw the ball to our wide outs bubble screens. You might get bubble screened to death this saturday, Because from what i watched of you guys vs West Carolina thats  what they did. 

We can Run the ball, i read some posts on here about Maryland cant  run the ball our Runningbacks are  last in the Big10. WE RUSHED for  285 yards  on saturday. 

South Florida in going to be in for a physical guy, Maryland is very physical out Defense is like a group of wild dawgs, THEY WILL KNOCK YOU INTO NEXT WEEKEND. Look at for #21 Sean Davis. He plays like Sean Taylor (RIP) next Miami  safety He is 6'1 205 and will come full speed  15 yards deep from coverage and knock your Rb or Qb out cold. The guy has 8 solo tackles vs JMU. 

Out secondary is very good. D line is deep, Linebackers are  athletic and can tackle. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

Cj Brown is very mobile. I would imagine its the same offense edsall ran at uconn

lol NO. Edsall hired Mike Locksley who is a GREAT recruiter, And was at FLorida when Tim Tebow was there. We run a 3-4 Wide out Spread offense,  35% wide out screens,  30% Qb rushes, and 25%  power running out of the Pistol and 20 % Option with Qb giving it to the RB or Wide out.(Diggs most likely) 

We also  run our plays very  fast. We arent as fast as Oregon, But we dont huddle and we dont give defenses anytime to lineup. We try to run  70-80 offensive plays a game. 

Edited by TerpsFan4Life1982

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

lol NO. Edsall hired Mike Locksley who is a GREAT recruiter, And was at FLorida when Tim Tebow was there. We run a 3-4 Wide out Spread offense, 35% wide out screens, 30% Qb rushes, and 25% power running out of the Pistol and 20 % Option with Qb giving it to the RB or Wide out.(Diggs most likely)

We also run our plays very fast. We arent as fast as Oregon, But we dont huddle and we dont give defenses anytime to lineup. We try to run 70-80 offensive plays a game.

Makes sense with brown's skill set.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Safe bet at 30

Where's the food shack?

Cool.  Shoot me a note next time you're in the 'hood, and I'll buy you a beer at the Shack.  I always go 2-4 PM, or the wait can be crazy.

My buddy who lives in Jupiter knows the owner pretty well and we usually get seated pretty quickly. He also owns Leftovers Cafe, ever been there?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Safe bet at 30

Where's the food shack?

My buddy who lives in Jupiter knows the owner pretty well and we usually get seated pretty quickly. He also owns Leftovers Cafe, ever been there?

Yup.  It's closer to home, and is good, but it's hard to beat the Caribbean/Keys atmosphere on Little Moir's Foodshack.  If my wife & I go alone, we'll try to sit at the bar & watch the guys cook.  Everything is so fresh, it's amazing.