• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland favored by 10

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I was born in Bethasda and raised in Northern VA. I'm actually moving to DC or Silver Spring in June depending upon the residency my wife picks up in December. I've been looking forward to this game for quite some time. My allegiance to Maryland goes back to the days of Lefty Drisell and Len Bias. When I was younger, my baby sitter was an athletic trainer for the Maryland basketball team. Unfortunately, she was close to Bias when he passed away from his overdose. Years later, his brother Jay was murdered (if I recall correctly). Talk about hell for a mother. I remember seeing the UVA women's team play Maryland at Cole Field House when they were ranked #1 and #2 respectively. Bummed out that Maryland catches us when we are down - but who knows - maybe we'll catch some breaks this weekend. Prior to our first game, I chalked this game up as very winnable. Now, I'm hoping we still have fans in the stands after halftime. Mack is a great back, but there's a substantial difference between the Terps and Catamounts defense (although I expect WCU to have a good season this year based on their QB play). I'm hoping for a W, my gut though says Maryland lays 35+ on us and wins by 25. Guess we'll find out soon enough. If I were to bet against my Bulls (which I won't EVER do), this would be the game with that line. We still have no QB play and unless Mack is the second coming of Herschel Walker, I don't see him breaking 100-yards this week. He's shifty with great hips and footwork, but he's not NFL bound after one game. The conditioning will be vastly different this week. If Mack breaks off a run for more than 20-yards, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I expect to see eight in the box all game until our QB proves he can move the ball through the air (that's how I would play if I was MD's DC). Without Andre Davis, we've just diminished our chances even more on the aerial assault. This week, I FEAR THE TURTLE. Sad how far we've fallen.

Davis will be playing against the Terps, per CWT.  However, I agree "Fear the Turtle".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Len Bias' death shook Maryland like nothing before. His passing is still felt to this day with Terp fans. Coach K once said he only witnessed two supreme elite talents in the ACC: Michael Jordan and Len Bias.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i will take bulls in my 13 point teaser 

+ 25

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

bulls play to their competiton

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

hopefully

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agree 100%. Usually play better vs P5 or ranked teams. Let's hope so on Sat!