• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I thought spray and pray was the official term for catholic birth control.

And as effective (hence, my existence). Now, my son, that quip will cost you 20 Hail Marys and 15 Our Fathers.

Now go out & sin no more.

That's the joy of being catholic, you can do anything you want as long as you confess.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I know it's only one game, but I don't see any reason why he can't run for 2500 yards this year.

I hope you are kidding

3000? I was being conservative, but I love your optimism!

He only needs 66/game to break 1,000...first time since Andre Hall (2005).  He'd need 100/game to break Hall's season record (2005).

It's early, the teams get tougher and anything can happen...but it'd sure be niced to have featured stud RB, especially if we could pair him with a B or B+ QB.

I thought spray and pray was the official term for catholic birth control.

And as effective (hence, my existence). Now, my son, that quip will cost you 20 Hail Marys and 15 Our Fathers.

Now go out & sin no more.

That's the joy of being catholic, you can do anything you want as long as you confess.

Yeah, my wife is Baptist, and she's amazed how how in high school, I'd take my confession and walk out clean (aside from a few trips around the rosary beads).

When I say "clean", I mean in my eyes.  Higher powers may be lessed moved.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Mack was awesome last night but I'll wait and see what he can do against Maryland, NC State etc....before I get truly giddy.

Mack was awesome last night but I'll wait and see what he can do against Maryland, NC State etc....before I get truly giddy.

True, but the lateral movement & speed burst translates everywhere.  The holes will likely be smaller & the tacklers better, but this guy's talent is irrefutable.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Guys, I don't care who he's playing against, tying a record of 275 yards rushing in his first game, and tying the record of 4 TDs is amazing.

Yes, tougher foes will make it tough sledding, but here's what he has, regardless: his lateral cuts, stop/starts and burst from start to full speed is the best I've EVER seen at USF. Yes, it was WCU, but those skills can't be denied.

My only knocks on Mack:

Ball security. Lost a fumble, and fumbled out of of bounds on one play.

Letting up running on 2 of the long TDs. A faster team will catch, strip & recover if he lets up. I think Taggart spoke to him about it, but he really needs to work on this.

Still, he brought a ton of energy & spark to a team desperately in need. He won't have this success against other foes, but hopefully White & Co (or Bench) will improve, so we don't need to rely on RB. Smazza was right...other teams will stuff the box until we prove we have other plays that work.

On the fumble the ball was actually punched out. I don't hold that against him as he was holding it against his body correctly.

maybe he needs to work on his strength then...  /devil's advocate

Mack IS our offense until anyone else at the skill positions can prove otherwise.

tying the record for rush yards and TDs first game out should earn him the starting job the rest of the year.

did he put some balls on the turf?  yes.

but ball security techniques can be coached. the athletic talents he displayed (as "summarized" by ckparrot shamelessly quoting himself), cannot. u either have it or u don't and Mack has it.

and Mack is about all USF has right now.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

like i said in another topic

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11440590

he does a 4.26 sec 40 yard dash there.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

like i said in another topic

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11440590

he does a 4.26 sec 40 yard dash there.

He's quick, but not 4.26 quick. Can't measure his time after he is running, gotta do it from a stand still because it doesn't account for him increasing until his top speed. Still, the guy has good speed, vision, cutting ability and drops the pads perfectly. Should be a special player for us.