• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Out of Left Field Shocker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Check out #2 at this CFN article.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1438983.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Nice to be mentioned in that regard. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

NICE

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

Great publicity!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I give that writer alot of credit because he is one of the few I have seen that have looked at College Football in the last 10 years and the things that have happened and applied it to this season.

- Marshall could very well go 13-0. but the point he was trying to make is that if (and most likely when) a non-P5 team goes undefeated, it's going to be extremely hard to make a case for them to not get into the playoff over 2 loss P5 teams.  You can make the case for a 1 loss team over them because of the schedules, but 2 losses is a tough sell and will be a big debate this year.  I'm not sure if it will be Marshall, but someone in the non-P5 will go undefeated.

- Charlie Strong at Texas.   It's not like Texas went 4-8 last year.   They went 8-5 and lost to 3 Top 10 teams.   I wouldn't be shocked at all if in year 1 Strong has Texas to 9 or 10 wins and then we see a legit title contender next year.

- Year 2 coaches.   I'm glad to see atleast one writer understand the trend.   Since you can't have a huge player turnover with the draft and free agency like in the NFL when you get a new coach, year 1 for most is just a reflection on the prior coach.   Think Holtz's 1st year here.   We start undefeated, tank in conference play, and then rally to win a bowl game.   Sound familiar.  It was a Leavitt Season.   Now look at Taggart last year.  2-10 and the team just looks completely lost and uncompetitive.  Sounds pretty familiar too.  Like a Holtz season.   Muschamp with the Gators is another good example.   11-2 year one with Meyer's team.  4-8 in year two.    It tends to happen on the winning side as well.

The bottom line is that in year 2 a coach shows how good or bad they really are.    Somebody is going to be good and make a huge turnaround.  Lets just hope it's us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

- Year 2 coaches.   I'm glad to see atleast one writer understand the trend.   Since you can't have a huge player turnover with the draft and free agency like in the NFL when you get a new coach, year 1 for most is just a reflection on the prior coach.   Think Holtz's 1st year here.   We start undefeated, tank in conference play, and then rally to win a bowl game.   Sound familiar.  It was a Leavitt Season.   Now look at Taggart last year.  2-10 and the team just looks completely lost and uncompetitive.  Sounds pretty familiar too.  Like a Holtz season.   Muschamp with the Gators is another good example.   11-2 year one with Meyer's team.  4-8 in year two.    It tends to happen on the winning side as well.

The bottom line is that in year 2 a coach shows how good or bad they really are.    Somebody is going to be good and make a huge turnaround.  Lets just hope it's us.

Looks like Holtz's final season. We were competitive his 2nd year but just couldn't finish due to the inability to hold 4th quarter leads ..... and Muschamp was a third year coach last season. He went 7-6 his first year following Meyer..

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

He is off on number 1 IMO.

Look in 8 years SEC always had a team, sometimes 2, in a 2 slot championship. His scenario of every conference being 1 or 0 loss while SEC is 2 loss just hasn't happened in nearly a decade.... Why would it suddenly happen first year of the playoff?

If his scenario had happened just once in the last 8 years SEC wouldn't have been in the championship game every single year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Nice find. I believe him. 

It happens every year.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

Did he just jinx us?

j/k....

But it is great to be mentioned, especially after Cincinnati was thumbed to be the next program accepted into the P5 group...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I agree about Cincy, they're probably due and if they can have a strong season I think the talk will amp up. I like our mention, nothing overstated, just a "guess" based on what it could be.