• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV on Saturday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I have my new TV arriving tomorrow.  I have all Apple products (phone/iPad), so the Best Buy rep suggested Apple TV would be the best product for my main objective:  throwing WATCHEspn from my iPad or iPhone to Apple TV...and onto the big screen.

I checked out Roku (cheaper), but nothing I saw in the list of channels showed WATCHESPN.  Watching USF games on espn3 on the new TV is critical.

Any other thoughts?  I've been shopping/waiting for this TV for almost a year...but with football season 4 days away, I had to pull the trigger.  So, it's time to be sure I'm set up right.

"WATCH ESPN" is a cofirmed Roku channel.

Much appreciated, guys.

My new TV arrives in a few hours, so I'll be watching our Bulls on this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-1-2-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/4376023.p?id=1219098067089&skuId=4376023&st=UN65H7150&cp=1&lp=1

Hopefully the 240 refresh makes sports looks amazing.  Shied away from the 4K, not just due to $1200 extra, but also after reading reviews on new tech bugs and lack of available content.

I have the Apple, but haven't opened.  May grab the Roku..but looks like there are 3 devices, from the stick to the box.  I'll review today.

Again, thanks all...4 MORE DAYS!

Go with the "ROKU 3" unless you have to have the iTunes integration of the Apple TV.

I REALLY like the idea of having a headset jack in the remote, too

Only with the "ROKU 3"

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Roku3-Channels-Promo.png

Deceptive advertising.

But, I have a Roku and an Amazon TV.  I like the picture on the Amazon box much better and I can share apps between that and other kindle devices.  Roku is nice, but I give the edge for what I watch, to Amazon.

Go in the Roku menu and make sure you have it set up for 1080p. My PQ is excellent and equal to my Xbox, PS3, HD Laptop and Panasonic Plasma when compared app to app. Or do you have one of the older 720p models? Not just me saying it either, comparing 1080p models. He thinks the Chromecast looks better, apparently they are boosting color.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06/10/streaming-set-top-box-showdown-chromecast-vs-amazon-fire-tv-vs-roku-3-vs-roku-streaming-stick/

Streaming Quality

"Fire TV, Roku 3, and Roku Streaming Stick: The difference in streaming picture across these three devices is virtually non-existent. All three units look good – easily comparable to streaming things like Netflix or HBO on any other device I've tried (PC, PS3, etc.)."

Bottom line on any comparison, for me and many others, I agree with this observation:

"...Roku readily and easily beats the competition when it comes to content. The Channel Store is loaded with tons of great content – some you've heard of, and a lot you haven't. It's an excellent platform to explore and find new things on, and I've really enjoyed doing that throughout the course of this comparison."

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes.

Go to the REPLAY tab, it will be there. You just have to stay off the Bullspen, and avoid all other sites so you don't get the spoiler ending. It's nearly as much fun and pressure as watching live - IF - you don't know the ending.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Yes.

Go to the REPLAY tab, it will be there. You just have to stay off the Bullspen, and avoid all other sites so you don't get the spoiler ending. It's nearly as much fun and pressure as watching live - IF - you don't know the ending.

I thought the replays weren't available until midnight or something like that ...?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes.

I thought the replays weren't available until midnight or something like that ...?

Is it 3 hours after ending? I thought it was 3 hours after kickoff...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

In case anyone wants to test drive ESPN3 or WATCHESPN aps, here's a great link to see what games are coming up.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Will test mine tonite, over a meaningless game.