• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV on Saturday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I have my new TV arriving tomorrow.  I have all Apple products (phone/iPad), so the Best Buy rep suggested Apple TV would be the best product for my main objective:  throwing WATCHEspn from my iPad or iPhone to Apple TV...and onto the big screen.

I checked out Roku (cheaper), but nothing I saw in the list of channels showed WATCHESPN.  Watching USF games on espn3 on the new TV is critical.

Any other thoughts?  I've been shopping/waiting for this TV for almost a year...but with football season 4 days away, I had to pull the trigger.  So, it's time to be sure I'm set up right.

The Roku has Watch ESPN and like 1000 channels, most free. You just need an open HDMI port and a wireless router.

http://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/sports/by-popular

It also has NFL Now.

Hmmm....

Might have to think about giving up my Dish...

You'll need it for CBS Sports.  But after football season, I'm putting it on pause, its only $5/month for up to 9 months.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Roku3-Channels-Promo.png

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

I have my new TV arriving tomorrow.  I have all Apple products (phone/iPad), so the Best Buy rep suggested Apple TV would be the best product for my main objective:  throwing WATCHEspn from my iPad or iPhone to Apple TV...and onto the big screen.

I checked out Roku (cheaper), but nothing I saw in the list of channels showed WATCHESPN.  Watching USF games on espn3 on the new TV is critical.

Any other thoughts?  I've been shopping/waiting for this TV for almost a year...but with football season 4 days away, I had to pull the trigger.  So, it's time to be sure I'm set up right.

I have the Apple TV and it has watchespn on it already, comes out in 1080p or close. Great investment

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Roku3-Channels-Promo.png

Deceptive advertising.

But, I have a Roku and an Amazon TV.  I like the picture on the Amazon box much better and I can share apps between that and other kindle devices.  Roku is nice, but I give the edge for what I watch, to Amazon.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Much appreciated, guys.

My new TV arrives in a few hours, so I'll be watching our Bulls on this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-1-2-diag--led-1080p-240hz-smart-3d-hdtv/4376023.p?id=1219098067089&skuId=4376023&st=UN65H7150&cp=1&lp=1

Hopefully the 240 refresh makes sports looks amazing.  Shied away from the 4K, not just due to $1200 extra, but also after reading reviews on new tech bugs and lack of available content.

I have the Apple, but haven't opened.  May grab the Roku..but looks like there are 3 devices, from the stick to the box.  I'll review today.

Again, thanks all...4 MORE DAYS!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Bad ass, Jup!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Does anyone know if there is an ESPN3 app that you can download for a VIZIO TV?  I can hook my computer up to my TV and see ESPN3, but the TV doesn't seem to have its own browser...but I know it has Wifi and an internet connection because there are apps for stuff like youtube, netfilx, fb, etc. that work fine.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Does anyone know if there is an ESPN3 app that you can download for a VIZIO TV?  I can hook my computer up to my TV and see ESPN3, but the TV doesn't seem to have its own browser...but I know it has Wifi and an internet connection because there are apps for stuff like youtube, netfilx, fb, etc. that work fine.

WatchESPN is the ap for phones & ipdads, but not sure about on the TV.  I'm learning as I go.

Geek Squad will be here in 10 minutes, so I'll pick his brain on the roku v Apple. Since all my hand devices are Apple, I'm leaning that way.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Roku is the best video player. hand down..

http://www.cnet.com/topics/media-streamers/best-media-streamers/

Great for watching games last season (and the World Cup)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The Roku has Watch ESPN and like 1000 channels, most free. You just need an open HDMI port and a wireless router.

It also has NFL Now.

Hmmm....

Might have to think about giving up my Dish...

You'll need it for CBS Sports.  But after football season, I'm putting it on pause, its only $5/month for up to 9 months.

Eh?

This link says it's available for the Roku...