• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF on CBS Sports Network For Eight Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I want to know how you talked the family into cutting the cord.

$128+ a month or $40-50 a month just for internet....it was a no-brainer for me. I'm saving nearly a grand a year. 

With my Mohu Leaf (http://www.gomohu.com/) I get about 35 local channels, and we have access to Amazon Prime and they have streaming movies/shows, Netflix (using a friends pw), HBO Go (using another friends pw), and the free version of Hulu. I also use the ESPN app on my xbox and phone for sports (using my father in-laws brighthouse pw)

With all of those options, I saw no reason to keep wasting money on cable. You'd be surprised how willing your friends/family are to share their access with you, all you have to do is ask. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

I'm paying a stupid amount of money for Verizon FIOS and of course, I don't get this channel, awesome.

You may want to double check on this. I didn't get the channel last year when it was SD only, but they brought in an HD channel and I started to get it. I don't have any special packages or anything, so I think they may have moved it from the "Sports" package to just being standard.

I have a related question. I'm going to miss the first game and I see the only place it is airing is ESPN3. I know that you can watch replays on there sometimes. Does that apply for college football games? Am I gong to be able to watch the game on Sunday?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm paying a stupid amount of money for Verizon FIOS and of course, I don't get this channel, awesome.

You may want to double check on this. I didn't get the channel last year when it was SD only, but they brought in an HD channel and I started to get it. I don't have any special packages or anything, so I think they may have moved it from the "Sports" package to just being standard.

I have a related question. I'm going to miss the first game and I see the only place it is airing is ESPN3. I know that you can watch replays on there sometimes. Does that apply for college football games? Am I gong to be able to watch the game on Sunday?

AFAIK, if it's on ESPN3, so are the replays. Never seen one not avaialable in replay yet.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Hmm, not good for me as I "cut the cord" long ago and only have antenna cable and my xbox to watch ESPN stuff....sounds like plenty of trips to Beef O Brady's this year.

I just started it back, had Dish on Pause from Feb until last month,  and CBS Sports isn't in the multi-sport package, nor the package that is the minimum to get the multi-sport on Dish, so I have to upgrade to America 200 from 120 plus just to get it.  Not sure what's so special about it, NBC Sports is in the lower 120+ tier and offers great programming including F1.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Yea, I checked channel 594 and I don't get it. I'm going to call Verizon to see how much it would cost to get the channel for 3 months. I can't see it being more than $8-$10 a month.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Its on 594 and must be like for Dish, on a higher Tier. I have 3 receivers, HD, two are DVR and the maintenance plan. I have the second of their 4 plans and the multi-sport package which I got for half price $6 and my bill runs $97. Ridiculous.  After football season, its going back on pause, which you can do for up to 9 months and is $5/month.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

lol have you guys ever watched CBSSports, its not the same as CBS. That network will make you miss ESPN

Care to clarify?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I want to know how you talked the family into cutting the cord.

$128+ a month or $40-50 a month just for internet....it was a no-brainer for me. I'm saving nearly a grand a year.

With my Mohu Leaf (http://www.gomohu.com/) I get about 35 local channels, and we have access to Amazon Prime and they have streaming movies/shows, Netflix (using a friends pw), HBO Go (using another friends pw), and the free version of Hulu. I also use the ESPN app on my xbox and phone for sports (using my father in-laws brighthouse pw)

With all of those options, I saw no reason to keep wasting money on cable. You'd be surprised how willing your friends/family are to share their access with you, all you have to do is ask.

We are on the same boat. We pay $80+ a month for Brighthouse internet. There are so many online resources and streaming apps available that we are able to watch anything we want. In the past I used www.firstrowsports.eu for NFL games. We also have an AppleTV box and use the watch espn app. BTW anybody else have an Apple TV box and have trouble with the espn app and it locking up while streaming live events? I think it might be a wifi problem so I decided to purchase a cat6 Ethernet cable to hard wire it to see if it's an issue BTW the receiver is less than 25 feet from the router with a clear line of sight

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

If I recall correctly, Comcast does not broadcast this channel in HD. Also, it is only included in the "preffered" package that includes ESPNU. Looks like I will have to uprgrade or watch every single USF game at my parents' house this year... I'd much rather have the games be on ESPN3.

Actually, I think it does, at least in West Palm.  744, if I recall.

I actually live in West Palm (Wellington) so I will have to check it out tonight. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,426
  • Days Won:  19

Verizon FIOS 150/65 Internet... canceled all the TV... 79 bucks a month.

I have two Rokus (great device) and a PS3...

...now, how do I watch this channel? hook my computer up? pay 18 bucks a month for CBSsports?