• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm done with the SPTime's blog

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We shouldn't blame others for USF's lack of coverage.

Exactly ... blame the tens of thousands of USF alumni/students in the area that have never really embraced Bulls football, save for a few weeks in 2007, creating a coverage demand nearing the one the Big 2 have in this area. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

It's not joeys fault, but I have stopped ordering both Tampa papers due to their infidelities against the hometown team. Like it or not, we are still a major program and one of the largest universities in the country. It is a slight everytime the gators and the noles get more coverage on a certain day. Promote us exclusively! That's how we will get excitement in the bay area about our program. They would stone a reporter in Gainesville who covered the noles. We need the same mentality here or we will forever be relegated.

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It's not joeys fault, but I have stopped ordering both Tampa papers due to their infidelities against the hometown team. Like it or not, we are still a major program and one of the largest universities in the country. It is a slight everytime the gators and the noles get more coverage on a certain day. Promote us exclusively! That's how we will get excitement in the bay area about our program. They would stone a reporter in Gainesville who covered the noles. We need the same mentality here or we will forever be relegated.

Mostly agree, but:

1. Willy T is right, it that demand will force supply.

2. The area is full of UF & FSU fans/alum, and they are passionate.  Our fan base isn't as rabid.  We need to get there, as Triple B says...we need fans that aren't bandwagon fans.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

and Odom's got the Gators:

I'll search TBTimes_Gators (Atonya English - some of you will remember), see if she's cross tweeting the Bulls to her Gator "followers". Uh... No.

Helping pimp out a feature written by a co-worker? Much ado about nothing.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

What I couldn't believe was a couple of years on one of the premium boards, an outspoken member just bashing Greg. I mean just totally insulting him. Then, before Greg was reassigned, that website's main reporter just disappeared. Greg was far and away the best reporter the Bulls ever had. The way the future is looking, I think he'll hold that title for a long time.

Joey Knight
â€@TBTimes_Bulls   To the delight of a handful, to the chagrin of some & to the ambivalence of many, I'm back in #USF mode.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Joey Knight
â€@TBTimes_Bulls   To the delight of a handful, to the chagrin of some & to the ambivalence of many, I'm back in #USF mode.

Well, I guess you've got to call em like ya see em (or don't see em).

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Joey Knight

Pretty unprofessional tweet there, Joey.

Joey Knight

Pretty unprofessional tweet there, Joey.

Considering the previous reaction of some, I can think of things he could have said that would have been a lot more "unprofessional" that that ...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

That blog (TBT) was dying slowly before Greg left for the Bucs. Joey just expedited things.

For sure Ned. Used to like that blog, but the mandatory subscription thing made it a ghost-town.