• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lanaris arrested

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

No. The point is, that we don't know.  All here is speculation.

How is it spec if he was fired? If he didn't do it, he would've told Taggart he was innocent and he would've probably been given the benefit of the doubt. And how do you accidently not pay for something? I'll never understand this argument. Do you put something in your pocket and walk out? Do you walk out with something in your hand and go, "Oh ****, I forgot to pay for this item I'm holding in my hand while I'm walking through the metal detector". If you walk out with something without paying, I'm sorry, you know what you're doing. Not to mention, what the hell are you doing at Wallmart after 2am? Now, this is speculation...I'd have to think a lot of people in Wallmart at that hour are under some type of substance. I can't imagine the type of people there at that hour.

Talk to people who work at TSA.  People go through the detectors and get caught with all types of things that they forgot they had that aren't allowed.  My son-in-law's dad worked at TPA and people legitimately forget to remove items.

Real glad you put that speculation part in there because that is what it is.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

In all this talk about comparing Lanaris to Matheis, my thought went to Rod Strickland.  Really seems Lanaris should have received a stern warning.  To fire him over this is a bit over the top IMHO.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

No. The point is, that we don't know.  All here is speculation.

How is it spec if he was fired? If he didn't do it, he would've told Taggart he was innocent and he would've probably been given the benefit of the doubt. And how do you accidently not pay for something? I'll never understand this argument. Do you put something in your pocket and walk out? Do you walk out with something in your hand and go, "Oh ****, I forgot to pay for this item I'm holding in my hand while I'm walking through the metal detector". If you walk out with something without paying, I'm sorry, you know what you're doing. Not to mention, what the hell are you doing at Wallmart after 2am? Now, this is speculation...I'd have to think a lot of people in Wallmart at that hour are under some type of substance. I can't imagine the type of people there at that hour.

Talk to people who work at TSA.  People go through the detectors and get caught with all types of things that they forgot they had that aren't allowed.  My son-in-law's dad worked at TPA and people legitimately forget to remove items.

Real glad you put that speculation part in there because that is what it is.

Yup...I completely forgot I had something in my cargo shorts pocket when I went thru the detector.  Even when TSA asked me if I had something, I said "no".  The found something (a key).  They are cool, but I can see how ppl forget.

I will say that I've put something small in pocket while shopping, so I didn't drop it or tie up my hands while shopping.  I took it out at the register & all was well.

I'd say we let it play out, but it's almost immaterial now, as he's gone.  But I'd expect the reality to be as noted above:  he was asked what happened, it wasn't good, he was released.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've been to Walmart in the wee hours having to buy meds for a kid that is up puking and/or has a high fever. To say a large portion of people there at that time of the morning are on some type of substance is pretty ignorant. Most there at that time are working, but I've seen plenty of non-nine-to-fivers there.

If Tags let him go, he probably had good reason to. Lanaris probably owned up to it. I think indignation at anyone other than Lanaris at this point is silly.

As a father now expecting a second, I can say I've made a handful of late night runs based on the cravings of a pregnant wife, free of any kind of substance. And back in our college days, my group of friends were night owls and made many late night trips to Walmart, again free of any kind of substance.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

In all this talk about comparing Lanaris to Matheis, my thought went to Rod Strickland. Really seems Lanaris should have received a stern warning. To fire him over this is a bit over the top IMHO.

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

In all this talk about comparing Lanaris to Matheis, my thought went to Rod Strickland. Really seems Lanaris should have received a stern warning. To fire him over this is a bit over the top IMHO.

Agreed.

Hey, Jameis Winston was suspended for 72 hours.  They really nailed him!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wow this thread is still going strong

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If only he'd been able to drive the getaway car under the influence he'd still be employed.

Lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

If this is part of a ga's duty, Lanaris is probably better off setting a career path in something else ...

IMG_03431_zps7b073016.jpg

Dude was getting drenched and whipped by the wind .... but in case anybody's wondering, winds were gusty for a brief while but nothing major and there was no lightning anywhere in the vicinity.