• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NC State coming to town

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

How does North Carolina State look this year? Looking forward to playing them on our home field.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Loved that game. My first here in NC and just a pleasure to watch in every way. We were on top of the world then...

State fans were totally classy too...great experience all around.

The NCS fans in the corner to the right of the USF section were about as classy as UCiF'ers.
Sorry, not buying that.
I am. From my experience at our first bowl game, the NC State fans run a close 2nd to UCF fans. Dead srs.

Same here, some of the older people were nice but others were nasty and vulgar to our kids
I totally believe there were bad apples, but we had a great experience at that game.

Every school has ********, including ours.

I'll demur, but I am surprised. I interacted with a lot of State fans there in Bulls gear and now many times since and have never had a bad experience. In my book, they're some of the classiest fans in the country.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

How does North Carolina State look this year? Looking forward to playing them on our home field.

Well, they were awful, but they had a great recruiting class last year...so we have every chance of beating them. probably our most beatable P5 opponent. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Speaking of which, is THIS the return game for 2008, or is it a new series? Do we have another game in Raleigh on the books?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Speaking of which, is THIS the return game for 2008, or is it a new series? Do we have another game in Raleigh on the books?

This is the return game ... no more on the books.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Took 'em a while, din't?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Great game, and good road trip. The hard rain didn't deter the Bulls fans from cheering loud and proud!

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I remember the torrential downpours, we stood the entire game- the benched were full of water.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Loved that game. My first here in NC and just a pleasure to watch in every way. We were on top of the world then...

Yes, their fans were die hard, but classy.  I hope we treat him the same at Ray Jay.

One of my favorite games to attend, as it seems ominous when the rain clouds rolled it and the rain poured on the field, as our Bulls were pouring on the points.

By early 3rd, in the rain, I was able to sit at the 50 with friends, as most NC State fans were tucked away from the rain and/or eventually went home.

At the end, we moved over to the Bulls section, and celebrated with the good guys.

Side note:  The first real action for true freshmen BJ Daniels.  You could then he was going to be fun to watch for a while.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The NCS fans in the corner to the right of the USF section were about as classy as UCiF'ers.
Sorry, not buying that.
I am. From my experience at our first bowl game, the NC State fans run a close 2nd to UCF fans. Dead srs.
Same here, some of the older people were nice but others were nasty and vulgar to our kids

I totally believe there were bad apples, but we had a great experience at that game.

Every school has ********, including ours.

That does surprise me, as I was a guest of an NC State alum (older guy). We played cornhole before the game, and did get some looks & ribbing, but I didn't see anything ugly.  But, maybe being with an NC alum, I was insulated.

To me, the worst fans ever:  Miami.  But it got WAY better when they moved from the Orange Bowl. UCF fans were horrible at the last OT game I attended in Orlando...but mostly drunken idiots that retreated when rebuked.  I found them more harmless than scary...but my first trip to see UM-USF, I was concerned we'd make it to the car without some sort of scrap.