• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would a loss to wcu change your mind

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

valid question after what happened last year. I expect to win. If it's a loss, I can't see how tags gets week 2.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Would definitely change my mind about the direction of the program and my faith in CWT. It should not happen; and as stated above, I will be unhappy if we do not win by a margin of at least two to three touchdowns. My own two cents, I thought his question was fair.

Not only this, but I find it hypocritical the people who cutdown coach Holtz over the performance of his teams, which were far better than CWT's team last year. Double standard?

Jury is still out, but Holtz inherited Leavitt's guys, and got worse as his players came on.  Taggart inherited a bad team that Holtz "built".

This. It's a shame when we have to restate this.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Trolls gonna troll.

smazza is ...

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

about the direction of the program or would you still want to remain on course as set by cwt?

the course set

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

So CSH and CWT are equal as coaches? Or should a better coach be able to coach up a better result? Is the difference in coaches just recruiting skill?

We don't know sample size to short…it would appear he was a pretty good coach at WKU and turned them around so he should be able to do the same

here.    

We do know that Holtz took a good program and ran it into the ground leaving a pile of ashes that needed to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Have you not watched any USF football the last 4 years? 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

If CWT can get any offense at all this year, I think we'll be in much better shape and going forward if they can keep recruiting.

#showsomething

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So CSH and CWT are equal as coaches? Or should a better coach be able to coach up a better result? Is the difference in coaches just recruiting skill?

We don't know sample size to short…it would appear he was a pretty good coach at WKU and turned them around so he should be able to do the same

here.

We do know that Holtz took a good program and ran it into the ground leaving a pile of ashes that needed to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Have you not watched any USF football the last 4 years?

None. What is this football you speak of?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Trolls gonna troll.

smazza is ...

it is my fault

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Would definitely change my mind about the direction of the program and my faith in CWT. It should not happen; and as stated above, I will be unhappy if we do not win by a margin of at least two to three touchdowns. My own two cents, I thought his question was fair.

Not only this, but I find it hypocritical the people who cutdown coach Holtz over the performance of his teams, which were far better than CWT's team last year. Double standard?

Jury is still out, but Holtz inherited Leavitt's guys, and got worse as his players came on.  Taggart inherited a bad team that Holtz "built".

Over half the losses by this bad Holtz team, they were actually in the game to the end of the game, they weren't being blown out by FCS teams.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I think our offensive line is solid but we are a huge question mark at QB.  I truly cannot predict this years team.

Due to the fact we play in a crappy conference, we could improve rather quickly. . . . . but our qb play was so awful last year, I am not sure we have a serviceable college QB on the roster.