• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pierre OUT - Injury?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Didn't he get hurt in the spring game?

I doubt getting "hurt" would be classified as career ending, probably more like a heart or concussion issue IMO

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Dude this SUUUUCKS

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Didn't he get hurt in the spring game?

I doubt getting "hurt" would be classified as career ending, probably more like a heart or concussion issue IMO

I thought his spring injury was a head injury. I didn't see the game in person, just read about it, so I don't know how bad it was... but he played then and there hasn't been a ton of action on of off the field since, so it doesn't seem like a huge stretch...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I would be surprised if the honored it. It's part of the problem with the current system. But along with everyone else, wish him only the best.

Hopefully you mean "not honored". I'd expect he has a scholarship for 2014-5. Taking it away would be a horrible blow to a kid who isn't playing thru no fault of his own. I am confident USF is better than that.
Other schools have taken them away, P5 schools. Sucks and is one of the reason for lawsuits and student athletes have unionized, they want protection. Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I would be surprised if the honored it. It's part of the problem with the current system. But along with everyone else, wish him only the best.

Most USF players severely injured in the past have been moved to a "medical" scholarship and still gotten their school paid for while not counting against the roster.  

Here is an article on Alabama abusing the practice.

http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/2010/09/23/medical-hardship-scholarship-abuse-2/

These scholarships, which are allowed under NCAA rules, are intended to make sure scholarship athletes who are too injured to play don't lose their financial aid. A player who receives one of these scholarships is finished playing with that team.

I was looking forward to seeing him this year.  It appeared he had worked hard after a very late start in football and was finally starting to catch up to his physical talents.

Good luck to him, hope he uses his education well.

• Upvote 1

I hope they do give it to him but nothing I read when it comes to college football surprises me anymore.

Really, I'm not even sure they need to give it to him.  He's a senior, so this is his last year on scholly.  They aren't going to find anyone at this point to use it on, so there's really no need to "free" the scholly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This. No chance he gets it pulled.

I hope it's nothing serious and he's got a degree that leads to employment.

On the subject of pulled scholarships I found this 2010 article. It's for other reasons but may be why we don't hear some of the things reported at other schools recently in documentaries and books, we just read that someone is leaving or transferring.

Did anything come of the Justice Dept probe?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2010-05-24-revoked-scholarships_N.htm