• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

100% Improvement over LY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

No HB I'm good with 4 wins. Like last year we'll beat someone we shouldn't (Cincy) and get beat by someone we shouldn't.

Taggart is changing a culture. It takes time. It's an instant gratification and emotional society. Anyone with any football sense could see LY and TY was going to be a struggle. Again, next year will be much improved. Enjoy the games.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am not really seeing improvement on the field.  I am not even considering wins and losses.  We have yet to have a QB break a 40% completion rate over the course of a full game.  

At what point is it realistic to expect improvement in this day and age?  We have to wait until next year to begin seeing improvement?  How can any real AD or school president wait for three years to see the first signs of improvement?  

The reason there was an opening at NC State for Doeren to take over last year was despite a 7-5 record, they were experiencing diminishing attendance.  There is a good chance we see under 10,000 people actually attending this week.

I am playing devil's advocate here a little bit.  I believe we will improve our record.  That does not necessarily mean the team has improved, just that there were other teams on the schedule with bigger problems than we have.  

Unfortunately, in this day and age, college football is more about business than it is about having the luxury of four or five years to build a program.  There are some major issues at stake and a lot of money at stake for the program.  I don't see where Harlan can wait another year or two for this thing to begin to turnaround.  because that leads to another year or two after the turnaround begins that he has something to realistically sell.  Right now he has nothing to market, nothing to sell.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Wait, Bausfkud predicted 4-8? This is news!...yes, news indeed!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I can see us winning 4 games. Nobody expected us to beat Cincy last year, yet we did. There will be games where we just come out in the zone and the other team might be off. Or we get really lucky with matchups. 4 wins doesnt seem far off as long as the Week 3 team stays off the field. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

we beat Cincy last year- could it be that they were grieving the loss of one of their own and just weren't  focused.?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

5 complete passes....

Over half of our possessions with negative yards vs NC State....

150 TOTAL yards and 75 of those from a single play? We're it not for that fluke play we would have had under 100 yards of total offense!

1 TD pass in 3 games...

Zero point off of 6 turnovers vs MD...

I don't see any more wins all season with this offense.

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

5 complete passes....

150 TOTAL yards and 75 of those from a single play? We're it not for that fluke play we would have had under 100 yards of total offense!

1 TD pass in 3 games...

Is there a point in going over this again? Those games are over, we lost, why not move on ....... ****, we have a bunch of fans who just love to wallow in misery.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

No HB I'm good with 4 wins. Like last year we'll beat someone we shouldn't (Cincy) and get beat by someone we shouldn't.

Taggart is changing a culture. It takes time. It's an instant gratification and emotional society. Anyone with any football sense could see LY and TY was going to be a struggle. Again, next year will be much improved. Enjoy the games.

Go Bulls!

There isn't one indication in on field performance that he has changed anything for the positive.   Sorry BA but my set of green goggles were lost when I made middle age but I do see a culture of losing being fortified by Taggart.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

5 complete passes....

1 TD pass in 3 games...

Is there a point in going over this again? Those games are over, we lost, why not move on ....... ****, we have a bunch of fans who just love to wallow in misery.

What would you want us to talk about TB?  Unicorn farts, pixie dust, puppy dog tails, and anything but the current state of affairs concerning USF football it seems.  Maybe if you built a blog to talk about those things I might visit it and maybe I'll even throw in a couple of posts.  Until then why not just sit back, wrap yourself in your cozy pollyanna blanket, and start posting positives about the current state of affairs concerning USF football.