• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

George O Liar story on ESPN.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I kinda agree with Old George that the SEC's current path is going to ruin FOOTBALL as we know it.

This whole thing is getting out of hand. Esp the paying the Football players part. If you pay them than you have to Pay ALL athletes as well correct? Even Volleyball players and Women's Soccer as well).  

Why stop there, Who is to say that all the Medical students, Nurses, Resp Therapist, Radiology students  shouldn't be paid as well. They actually do REAL work while in College(Clinicials at hospitals, and other other healthcare facilities) WITHOUT PAY.    

This whole pay me to go to school is going to do more damage than many see, It wont stop with Football Trust me.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

O'leary has no respect for players.

The media should never quote this guy.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I know you probably don't want to subsidize the link to what you're talking about, but a copy/paste of the key contents might help.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

look it is really simple if your participation in a sport also forbids you to work (you are taking away a privilege) then it must be compensated. End of story. Either pay the players or let them work. Can't have it both ways especially when they are earning the schools so much money. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

FAU/FIU type schools will develop the get paid to play the   P5  OOC games. Real teams like USF/UCF have the most to lose if the P5 develop the 5th Division in my  opinion.

Only the SEC homers are openly critical  of GOL. Hate him or like him, he speaks without any fear of what you think. He is at the end of his career, has way more money than he needs, he doesn't care what any  P5 sycophant thinks.

Who else actually speaks their mind in an unfiltered way? Very few.

And, I think he is right. Look  at what the recent changes have done to scheduling? Long standing rivalries blown up,  shifts in conferences, all for some  more ESPN money because schools like Maryland spend 150% of what they generate  on behalf of sports.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I agree with him. He's saying what plenty of us already think.

If a Division 4 forms, and USF or UCF or whomever went 13-0 or 15-0 or whatever and 0 with playoffs and wins it all in the current FBS/G5, I feel there will be some empty feelings abound because they know there's an echelon above them who also "won it all," ESPECIALLY if the Division 4 champ ends up being a 1 loss team in that situation, and even more especially if it ends up being some cinderella team like a Minnesota or Indiana or Wake Forest or something. Even a non-blue blood winning a Division 4 championship would get more run than a perennially strong, multiple championship winning USF or UCF or Houston, etc.

It will still feel unfair to me.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

FAU/FIU type schools will develop the get paid to play the   P5  OOC games. Real teams like USF/UCF have the most to lose if the P5 develop the 5th Division in my  opinion.

Only the SEC homers are openly critical  of GOL. Hate him or like him, he speaks without any fear of what you think. He is at the end of his career, has way more money than he needs, he doesn't care what any  P5 sycophant thinks.

Who else actually speaks their mind in an unfiltered way? Very few.

And, I think he is right. Look  at what the recent changes have done to scheduling? Long standing rivalries blown up,  shifts in conferences, all for some  more ESPN money because schools like Maryland spend 150% of what they generate  on behalf of sports.

Yup..I was in Austin recently, and the hatred between Aggies & Longhorns was decidely reduced.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

At much as I can't stand UCF, I have to give O'Liar props for sacking up and making noise about this.  I'm tired of ESPN and the P5 conferences as they plan new ways to **** college football from behind.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

Its funny that a newspaper would quote a compulsive liar.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not too worried. UCF will be in the P5 soon and we can then end this discussion.

Mike, in fairness, your coach probably has more insider info on the program than anyone. Why would he lash out if he had heard something that would benefit UCF in terms of P5 membership?