• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know we'd be wise to avoid checking Student-Athletes' Twitters, but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If I was a student at USF, I might want to discreetly slip a player a redline to their profile.

https://twitter.com/KiddClayton24

I don't care so much about the Tweets, or that so much of it is "kids today" speak, but as a guy repping USF, it'd be nice to at least give the appearance that he can write above 3rd grade level.

I'm sure I'll catch flak, but it's just been bugging me.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Well already he talks to Shane Larkin so maybe just maybe

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

I am just glad Twitter didn't exist when I was in school. There would be some stupid **** on there. I'm not concerned with silliness on a person's twitter feed like this. USF just had it's best APR score, will continue to improve, and by the way, the person behind the silliness will mature in time too,

I am just glad Twitter didn't exist when I was in school. There would be some stupid **** on there. I'm not concerned with silliness on a person's twitter feed like this. USF just had it's best APR score, will continue to improve, and by the way, the person behind the silliness will mature in time too,

Agree on all points, except my point isn't about the silliness, so much as just how poorly the profile is written.  But, I suppose if people who would see it just assume all athletes are at that level (or that some, to be fair), then maybe it's no harm.  I just look at that profile, and think:  man, how did he graduate HS, much less get into USF.

But, for all I know, he's a sharp kid, set it up hastily on his phone, and it's a mess and he doesn't care. Or...could be I'm getting older by the day. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If it's unintelligible, you're too dammed old. LOL

Just remember folks, the internet is forever. Lasts longer than diamonds ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

If I was a student at USF, I might want to discreetly slip a player a redline to their profile.

I don't care so much about the Tweets, or that so much of it is "kids today" speak, but as a guy repping USF, it'd be nice to at least give the appearance that he can write above 3rd grade level.

I think your thread title, pre "but", says it all. To me, this is kind of like the teeth gnashing over the typos and such from the Athletic Dept. I'm sure most every AD in the country has mistakes like that just like a great number of schools probably have student-athletes with Twitter accounts like that.  We're just senstive to it because it's "our guys" doing it. I doubt anybody outside of us really cares one way or the other ..... 

I think your thread title, pre "but", says it all. To me, this is kind of like the teeth gnashing over the typos and such from the Athletic Dept. I'm sure most every AD in the country has mistakes like that just like a great number of schools probably have student-athletes with Twitter accounts like that.  We're just senstive to it because it's "our guys" doing it. I doubt anybody outside of us really cares one way or the other ..... 

Yeah, but it's beyond a typo or 2:

Been on this rode so much i seen so many people come n go .. But only a few stayed with me on this ride and i promise yall we anit go hurt no more #LOE

But...I take your points (and others)...I've got to refrain from the urge to view.  Again, if I was a student, I'd likely go up to him and...ah, nah, I probably wouldn't.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah, but it's beyond a typo or 2:

Typos was referring to the Athletic Department .... Didn't even bother to check his Twitter after your description.   ;)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, but the Rangers are owned by George Bush. Surprised it's not printed upside down instead of just a typo, LOL :D