• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MSU buys out 2018 game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

USF upper management has definitely fumbled things consistently over the last five years. Voting to decline the original ESPN television contract was their first huge mistake. Terrible coaching hires ranks #2. Do I need to go on about our lame duck AD? Welcome to purgatory folks - one only wonders how long will be relegated to second tier status? I guess we get to look forward to playing our rival UCF every year and maybe winning a game or two (until they move up a tier). Sad how quickly we've fallen - and no, I'm not suggesting Leavitt would have gotten us anywhere.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF IS NOW dealing from a position of weakness

we have no leverage in negotiating

it is a sad state of affairs for usf

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

great summary of the bad decisions

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

I just wish that decisions would be made already. Just have all the Big 5 teams play their 9 game schedules in conference and fill the rest of their schedules with other Big 5 schools. Break off to their own 60 team division. Have their own Top 20 rankings, etc.

Then we can move on with a clear path. Being part of a 60 team lower division with our own Top 20. With our marquee out of conference games being BYU, Boise State, and San Diego State. I don't like it, but it would at least provide clarity. We could recruit against the other 60 teams in our division and would always be a top 5 team from a recruiting standpoint by getting the best of the 2nd tier talent. The question is: Is there any money in this plan? Most of the really low conferences on the spectrum fund their annual revenue by taking a million dollar game vs FSU. I think that about 20 schools would not be able to survive. So we'd then be down to 40 teams in the lower division. Would there be a TV market for this 2nd tier division? There are so big media markets (Orlando, Dallas, Tampa, San Diego, Las Vegas, Cincy) but would there be viewers ?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I just wish that decisions would be made already. Just have all the Big 5 teams play their 9 game schedules in conference and fill the rest of their schedules with other Big 5 schools. Break off to their own 60 team division. Have their own Top 20 rankings, etc.

Then we can move on with a clear path. Being part of a 60 team lower division with our own Top 20. With our marquee out of conference games being BYU, Boise State, and San Diego State. I don't like it, but it would at least provide clarity. We could recruit against the other 60 teams in our division and would always be a top 5 team from a recruiting standpoint by getting the best of the 2nd tier talent. The question is: Is there any money in this plan? Most of the really low conferences on the spectrum fund their annual revenue by taking a million dollar game vs FSU. I think that about 20 schools would not be able to survive. So we'd then be down to 40 teams in the lower division. Would there be a TV market for this 2nd tier division? There are so big media markets (Orlando, Dallas, Tampa, San Diego, Las Vegas, Cincy) but would there be viewers ?

God, that would suck. If we'd never have a chance at a big bowl ever again, I'd lose interest in college football all together. I'd just follow NCAA basketball, at least that's a fair setup.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

God, that would suck. If we'd never have a chance at a big bowl ever again, I'd lose interest in college football all together. I'd just follow NCAA basketball, at least that's a fair setup.

There are 63 Group of 5 teams fighting over one "big bowl" spot. We could go 12-0 and only make the BBVA Compass Bowl.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

USF upper management has definitely fumbled things consistently over the last five years. Voting to decline the original ESPN television contract was their first huge mistake. Terrible coaching hires ranks #2. Do I need to go on about our lame duck AD? Welcome to purgatory folks - one only wonders how long will be relegated to second tier status? I guess we get to look forward to playing our rival UCF every year and maybe winning a game or two (until they move up a tier). Sad how quickly we've fallen - and no, I'm not suggesting Leavitt would have gotten us anywhere.

Then what are you suggesting? What could have been done to not have us in the position we're in right now? Simply put, which upward moved programs should we have jumped ahead of?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's USF's own fault for signing a 2 game series that far out (2013 & 2018). It was way too spread out and because of that, it was going to get canceled. The 250k buyout was a joke, should have been a lot more. Michigan State played us and got away with a 1 and done for 250k. Our admin is a joke.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Let's just get through this year and see how we end up. Nothing else we as fans can do at this point. 

It would be nice if these teams were dumping us however because we are planned to become an in conference game rather then an out of conference game... but hey that's probably just silly talk. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's USF's own fault for signing a 2 game series that far out (2013 & 2018). It was way too spread out and because of that, it was going to get canceled. The 250k buyout was a joke, should have been a lot more. Michigan State played us and got away with a 1 and done for 250k. Our admin is a joke.

We paid McNeese $400k to come to our place and whip our ass, so MSU paying us $250k seems fair.