• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG/SF Dwayne Bacon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Point 1.) Our fambase blows...I once saw a fan get kicked out of ray Jay for making noise during third down. Point 2.) Nothing wrong with a go bulls on a Twitter...don't feed the ego sellers though. Kids will come here who feel comfortable with our coaches/situation.

We have incredibly sedate older fans. The past few years of football and basketball, however, really haven't given them much of a reason to snap out of their doldrums either. The old coots will continue being replaced by younger, enthusiastic Bulls fans that are coming up in a post-1997 era of USF athletics.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Point 1.) Our fambase blows...I once saw a fan get kicked out of ray Jay for making noise during third down. Point 2.) Nothing wrong with a go bulls on a Twitter...don't feed the ego sellers though. Kids will come here who feel comfortable with our coaches/situation.

We have incredibly sedate older fans. The past few years of football and basketball, however, really haven't given them much of a reason to snap out of their doldrums either. The old coots will continue being replaced by younger, enthusiastic Bulls fans that are coming up in a post-1997 era of USF athletics.

Hey, I'm a Class of 1990 old coot, but I can be as boisterous as a new graduate.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Hey, I'm a Class of 1990 old coot, but I can be as boisterous as a new graduate.

I like old coots like you. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is when you graduated college?

mario-arcade-game-sticker-racoon-700x700

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

College wasn't that much fun.  Seemed appropriate that grunge music was coming on strong around the same time.

Hoping my kids have a lot more fun than I did at college.

My daughter starts her soph year at Berklee College of Music (Boston), and hates sports....so she's having fun without sports.

My son is deciding between FSU, UF and USF (hopefully not UCF, except its closer).  He's not a sports fan, either. 

Sadly, as they've watched me in full melt down over the years watching USF football, they can't see the appeal of college sports.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

You guys are great for even being here and following this forum! I'm new around this forum and I'm just glad to be a part of it.

I'm also glad to be part of Bacons top ten, and not just because I like the breakfast food, interested to see how this resolves. I have faith in Antigua.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If he makes his choice because of twitter fan followers and comments, then that's just sad.

I'm sure Coach O is doing his best too bring both him and sanders on board

Yeah, I can't beg kids to come to USF.  I don't like the idea of a bunch of adults escalating the "show him some love" game...doesn't do much to keep the craziness of egocentric high school kid recruiting.

EDIT:  That said, you WILL see a star hs player's Twitter blown up with grown men pleading for high school kids to join their school.  I get that we want good players, but at some point, it's kinda sad & creepy (no offense Bullwinkle).

You've gotten to using me as a point of reference for things I never do. Sometimes I congratulate a kid ONE TIME for his commitment to a school I hold dear and fervently believe will serve him as well as it served me. I NEVER  plead with recruits for anything.

Some times it's the "sad and creepy" guys yelling about the behavior of others who are really the ones to watch out for. My conscience is clear. Besides I don't even follow BB recruits that closely.

All that being said. You can take your "no offense Bullwinkle" and stick it in Uranus, Jupiter.

And here's your gauntlet, floppy lips. Provide one quote with a link of where I am pleading for a recruit(or anything remotely close to it) and a $100 bar tab is ready for you Game 1 on. Can't find it? I'd expect the same courtesy as soon as I hit town next. To quote the sage, "put your money where your mouth is".

Edited by Reliable Source

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Does pleading with AW'a girlfriend count?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

depends on what you were pleading FOR...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

College wasn't that much fun.  Seemed appropriate that grunge music was coming on strong around the same time.

Hoping my kids have a lot more fun than I did at college.

My daughter starts her soph year at Berklee College of Music (Boston), and hates sports....so she's having fun without sports.

My son is deciding between FSU, UF and USF (hopefully not UCF, except its closer).  He's not a sports fan, either. 

Sadly, as they've watched me in full melt down over the years watching USF football, they can't see the appeal of college sports.

Glad I'm not that sad. Had a lousy time in college?