• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG/SF Dwayne Bacon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Mario is so appropriate

You two are like two toddlers in the back seat, needling each other on a long road trip.

NO WE ARE NOT THERE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Point 1.) Our fambase blows...I once saw a fan get kicked out of ray Jay for making noise during third down. Point 2.) Nothing wrong with a go bulls on a Twitter...don't feed the ego sellers though. Kids will come here who feel comfortable with our coaches/situation.

We have incredibly sedate older fans. The past few years of football and basketball, however, really haven't given them much of a reason to snap out of their doldrums either. The old coots will continue being replaced by younger, enthusiastic Bulls fans that are coming up in a post-1997 era of USF athletics.

Hey, I'm a Class of 1990 old coot, but I can be as boisterous as a new graduate.

This is when you graduated college?

mario-arcade-game-sticker-racoon-700x700

College wasn't that much fun.  Seemed appropriate that grunge music was coming on strong around the same time.

Hoping my kids have a lot more fun than I did at college.

My daughter starts her soph year at Berklee College of Music (Boston), and hates sports....so she's having fun without sports.

My son is deciding between FSU, UF and USF (hopefully not UCF, except its closer).  He's not a sports fan, either. 

Sadly, as they've watched me in full melt down over the years watching USF football, they can't see the appeal of college sports.

Glad I'm not that sad. Had a lousy time in college?

Long story, BW, but I had to work 40 hours a week much of the time and 40-50  hrs during summers to pay for my college and was diverted to FIU for my junior year (a girlfriend issue).  We split up, so I returned to USF for my senior year, graduating in the summer (all told, just under 4 years).  So, it wasn't parties and hanging with the guys.  It was work, girlfriend issues and busting my hump to graduate debt free and get started on a career (I took 2 years off after HS, before realizing hard labor wasn't going to give me the things I wanted in this life).

So, not being a baby, but college was a means to an end and not as much fun as I'd like it to be for my kids.  My daughter loves Boston, and my son will love where ever he winds up, I'm sure. 

So, I'm not sad.  I'm just saying, it wasn't that much fun (to be sure, I did have fun playing flag football games at USF, and basketball pick up games).  I did have some good moments my senior year, too.  But every other weekend, I headed back to Dade Co. to work to pay rent and save up for the next semester.  I'm glad we have a football team now...wish we did then (but at least I got to watch Shahid & Dobras).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Proud of you there, Jupe. Totally serious here. For once

One of the many great things about America is the opportunity to pull yourself up through going to college.

:guinness:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Proud of you there, Jupe. Totally serious here. For once

One of the many great things about America is the opportunity to pull yourself up through going to college.

:guinness:

Thanks. 

Hopefully Dwayne sees the synergy of Bacon & beef, and comes to USF to help us rise to new highs.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Mmmm.  Bacon and beef. 

188854.jpg

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Bruce pearl has managed to land a too tier wing, and Horace Spencer for whom we were a long shot to get. Now I've seen that he is turning his sights toward Bacon AND that FSU is so far the front runner. This is saddening

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Bruce pearl has managed to land a too tier wing, and Horace Spencer for whom we were a long shot to get. Now I've seen that he is turning his sights toward Bacon AND that FSU is so far the front runner. This is saddening

Pearl and his staff has been impressive but that crystal ball prediction by Meyer of 247sports about Bacon to FSU don't need to be take so serious right now. If you're familiar with 247sports you should realize that those guys make more predictions then a drunken congressman. Bacon is just getting started with his recruiting and we still don't now how much Corey Sanders plays into this. If they want to play together then USF has a chance.

I do wish Coach O was able to do more recruiting himself instead of having his time divided by the Dominican U18 team, but maybe it pays off later, we shall see. Certainly the recruiting needs to pick up and it still starts within the state of Florida since out of state hasn't been kind so far.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Committed to FSU. He got it backwards.

@TalentEvaluator: #FSU basketball lands two 5-star basketball players today in Malik Beasley and Dwayne Bacon. Nice work by Hamilton.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Knew something was in the cards when Sanders committed to Rutgers. At that moment it was clear that Bacon wasn't coming here as our only chance was to land both of them as a pair IMO. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Shutout in Florida for the 2015 class is not good. With only a 3* glue player committed , Coach O and his staff are really going to need to pull some surprises to have a good 2015 class at this point. Gotta get a PG, SG, and Wing that can score the ball.