• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG/SF Dwayne Bacon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Well I think 2 of the guys pulled in for next year are SG's, Peters is a SG in a PG body. You can't really teach athleticism but you can help develop a shot, and right now I think he wants to get our name out there but push more for the scheme fitting guys.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Well I think 2 of the guys pulled in for next year are SG's, Peters is a SG in a PG body. You can't really teach athleticism but you can help develop a shot, and right now I think he wants to get our name out there but push more for the scheme fitting guys.

Try and rationalize it all you want. Fact is, he struck out with the talented local kids so far.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Try and rationalize it all you want. Fact is, he struck out with the talented local kids so far.

And how have his predecessors done with the local talent? All the way back to our first big-name hire, Lee Rose?

Rome wasn't built in a nanosecond...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

What 2 SGs? Also if Peters is a SG then USF is in big trouble at that position. I mean he had to fill that 2014 class with guys like Morillo, Guerrero, Cousins, and Mercurius that are all considered  hopefuls at best. He needed to land some talented 2015 prospects to either come in and start or be groomed to take over quickly. Coach O and his staff were after a lot of talented guys which was impressive but didn't land any.

Basically he has to now start all over and recruit some guys that are lower on the totem pole and hope that they were just under the radar. I don't mind 1 guy like that but to have to fill your entire class with those type guys has potential to really set your program back. We'll see what he finds, but Coach O is going to need a tremendous 2016 class to offset what has been a less then spectacular effort so far to say the least.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

And how have his predecessors done with the local talent? All the way back to our first big-name hire, Lee Rose?

Since Coach O did the same thing as his predecessors that doesn't bold well for his future. I knew how Rome was built and I know how a college program is built and that's with talent. A school like USF who doesn't hire a name coach like Auburn did, has to be able to land local talent or else. Expecting to land talented guys from other states is very, very difficult to impossible to pull off.

Edited by Vega

Holston is a SG, and Peters plays point I believe, I'm just saying he's more of a scorer than a facilitator. I thought Mercurius was listed as a SG as well but I'm seeing point in a couple places. However at 6'4 ish at this level he could run the 2. I'm not excusing his striking out, I was hoping we would land at least one of these targets we have been talking about (a good friend of mine is a Nole grad, I haven't stopped hearing it). If he coaches well this year, and leads us to a good year (better than just respectable) all of a sudden we look that much better of a landing site. At least playing time can be a pitch to recruits lol. Plus I've seen it said that commits don't mean anything until signing day.

Since Coach O did the same thing as his predecessors that doesn't bold well for his future. I knew how Rome was built and I know how a college program is built and that's with talent. A school like USF who doesn't hire a name coach like Auburn did, has to be able to land local talent or else. Expecting to land talented guys from other states is very, very difficult to impossible to pull off.

At least in the case of Bacon, we lost him to another Florida school. It's not like he chose to leave the state rather than stay close to home with us. And as far as his boy Sanders, he's a baller but he will implode if his attitude doesn't change a little.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Holston is a SG, and Peters plays point I believe, I'm just saying he's more of a scorer than a facilitator. I thought Mercurius was listed as a SG as well but I'm seeing point in a couple places. However at 6'4 ish at this level he could run the 2. I'm not excusing his striking out, I was hoping we would land at least one of these targets we have been talking about (a good friend of mine is a Nole grad, I haven't stopped hearing it). If he coaches well this year, and leads us to a good year (better than just respectable) all of a sudden we look that much better of a landing site. At least playing time can be a pitch to recruits lol. Plus I've seen it said that commits don't mean anything until signing day.

Commits don't mean anything until it's seen how they contribute on the court ... 

Commits don't mean anything until it's seen how they contribute on the court ...

Touche