• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excellent Recruiting Article- USF Smashes everyone SBnation

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

USF is a mid-major at the moment.  That is reality.

No amount of crying and whining will change that.

Try to pretend we are what we aren't, and it will never change.

Be the best USF we can be, and that will ultimately change.  

#keepworking #stopwhining #dosomething

Yes Nancy. Talk about whining and crying, do you do anything else?

I think the real question is, do YOU do anything else?

I've sparred with Shadow before, but he's right, here.  Look, we're not a top tier program.  We're in a 2nd level conference, and getting killed there.

The hope is that this class, which is amazing for a 2-10 team in said conference, results in building this program to new highs, and winning.  And butts in seats.  And, maybe then...a chance to get plucked up in the next re-alignment.  Truth is, we're competing with all the other schools trying to permeate the P5, and I think we have the tools to do it.  It starts with winning...soon.

I really don't think it's a competition, in that there's nothing at this point in time we can do to "win" a spot in a P5. If/when the time comes, the conference(s) that will expand already know who they'll be taking ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I stopped reading at mid major. Was USF a "mid major" 5 years ago?  What is USF doing differently that what they were doing 5 years ago. These blanket terms have got to go. 

WHEN you dont win the media piles on

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

and there goes another thread...

Lmao, I was thumbing threw and said the same thing just before your post... Fun as heck to read though

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

USF is a mid-major at the moment.  That is reality.

I've sparred with Shadow before, but he's right, here.  Look, we're not a top tier program.  We're in a 2nd level conference, and getting killed there.

The hope is that this class, which is amazing for a 2-10 team in said conference, results in building this program to new highs, and winning.  And butts in seats.  And, maybe then...a chance to get plucked up in the next re-alignment.  Truth is, we're competing with all the other schools trying to permeate the P5, and I think we have the tools to do it.  It starts with winning...soon.

I really don't think it's a competition, in that there's nothing at this point in time we can do to "win" a spot in a P5. If/when the time comes, the conference(s) that will expand already know who they'll be taking ...

Serious question

Assuming CWT is the real deal, we've hired Harlan from a P5 school, and we're searching for a BB coach to get USF into the Dance. Winning aside, how much do you think the name recognition will help in the next round? Or will it?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

USF is a mid-major at the moment. That is reality.

I've sparred with Shadow before, but he's right, here. Look, we're not a top tier program. We're in a 2nd level conference, and getting killed there.

The hope is that this class, which is amazing for a 2-10 team in said conference, results in building this program to new highs, and winning. And butts in seats. And, maybe then...a chance to get plucked up in the next re-alignment. Truth is, we're competing with all the other schools trying to permeate the P5, and I think we have the tools to do it. It starts with winning...soon.

Serious question

Assuming CWT is the real deal, we've hired Harlan from a P5 school, and we're searching for a BB coach to get USF into the Dance. Winning aside, how much do you think the name recognition will help in the next round? Or will it?

Only way they help is if they produce wins, which produce interest, leading to more money for whoever picks us up.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

USF is a mid-major at the moment. That is reality.

I've sparred with Shadow before, but he's right, here. Look, we're not a top tier program. We're in a 2nd level conference, and getting killed there.

The hope is that this class, which is amazing for a 2-10 team in said conference, results in building this program to new highs, and winning. And butts in seats. And, maybe then...a chance to get plucked up in the next re-alignment. Truth is, we're competing with all the other schools trying to permeate the P5, and I think we have the tools to do it. It starts with winning...soon.

Serious question

Only way they help is if they produce wins, which produce interest, leading to more money for whoever picks us up.

Inherent in this is the TV market, which we have.  So, win & drive interest...then the package to include a huge market makes it us attractive.

As to whether we're competiting or hoping, I can't speak to that, but all you can do is maximize your value to a P5 conference and be at the top of the list they'd want (or ideally, have 1 conference try to get you before another does).  If you don't think you need all of these, look at Cincy.  They've had success in the revenue sports, but got left behind.  I suspect they were on the cusp of P5.  We might've been, too, pre-Holtz.  But...our basketball team hasn't had an success other than a few one-season peaks.  Taggart & the new BB coach have a chance to get us ready for the P5 look to pluck the best fit for expansion.  It's ours for the taking, if we can right the ship. 

• Upvote 1