• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow... This is what we need in our new AD!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Two nights ago prior to the Cincy vs Uconn basketball there new AD was introduced to the crowd.  He then said something to ignite the fanbase. "My number one priority is to get us into a better conference"!   This is the kind of brash-no bs-bold statement that I want our new guy to say.  As a season ticket holder I want to know that the new guy has the priority that we as fans do.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Why have we never heard these words out of anyone at USF. Total failure. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

OK...now let's think about that for a second.  Would it stop there? Would you be happy if the new AD said the same thing...or would  we be clamoring for  hourly/daily/weekly/monthly updates on what's being actively done to move to another conference? 

Gotta admire his guts though...new AD in a brand new conference...just not really sure how many friends he's gonna make at the annual pow-wow. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

OK...now let's think about that for a second.  Would it stop there? Would you be happy if the new AD said the same thing...or would  we be clamoring for  hourly/daily/weekly/monthly updates on what's being actively done to move to another conference? 

Gotta admire his guts though...new AD in a brand new conference...just not really sure how many friends he's gonna make at the annual pow-wow. 

F**k the annual pow-wow.  The AAC is Purgatory for a university's athletic program.  Any smart program doesn't want to be there and should be shouting from the trees on the desire to get out.  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

Two nights ago prior to the Cincy vs Uconn basketball there new AD was introduced to the crowd.  He then said something to ignite the fanbase. "My number one priority is to get us into a better conference"!   This is the kind of brash-no bs-bold statement that I want our new guy to say.  As a season ticket holder I want to know that the new guy has the priority that we as fans do.

Cincy overrates itself. It is false bravado.

it must burn them to no end that Xavier is in the BE while Cincy toils in "The Generican".

if usf got its violation together, we could leave cincy's athletic program in our dust

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Two nights ago prior to the Cincy vs Uconn basketball there new AD was introduced to the crowd. He then said something to ignite the fanbase. "My number one priority is to get us into a better conference"! This is the kind of brash-no bs-bold statement that I want our new guy to say. As a season ticket holder I want to know that the new guy has the priority that we as fans do.

Cincy overrates itself. It is false bravado.

it must burn them to no end that Xavier is in the BE while Cincy toils in "The Generican".

if usf got its violation together, we could leave cincy's athletic program in our dust

Why would it burn them? It's a basketball only conference and Cincy plays football too.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Sometimes silence is better

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

This thread is stupid.

Publicly saying things has no absolutely effect on conference moves. To think otherwise is foolish

Cinn has publicly begged for an invite to the point of embarrassment before to no avail:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/21732309/cincinnati-president-sends-holiday-card-nippert-stadium-plans-to-acc-presidents

And became a joke for doing so.

Meanwhile the programs that did leave the old BEast did so behind the scenes, shocking the rest of the league including the AD.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

Make your intentions implied but show respect in public. There's an implicit reason most diplomats will say the right things to the public.

This reminds me of student elections in grade school. "Elect me and I'll get us free school lunches! No more homework! Longer recess!"

And then the kid gets behind the scenes and learns that its all regulated and beyond student body politics in elementary school. And when the stuff doesn't get done they look like a jackass for yelling out 'no more homework' to everyone.

E: dont get me wrong. I actually think cincy has done a good job making a quality product with their athletics. But being that little dog humping the leg of every dignitary is annoying.

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162

If we had the success of Cincy's program, but in our market, we would have moved on in the realignment carousel. Our strength is potential, but they must rest on their accolades. Their position reminds me of WVU's, but without the same history. I am guessing this approach would not work for us, where as it may work for them. Good luck to Cincy, as I think they deserve better.