• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lynch bulking up for NFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I also heard grumbling during the season last year about the lack of quality food

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Nutritionist does not replace accountability.  I think we should have one, but for Lynch to call out the program on it is silly at best.  These guys should already know what to be eating.  Having a person tell them isn't going to make it happen.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nutritionist does not replace accountability.  I think we should have one, but for Lynch to call out the program on it is silly at best.  These guys should already know what to be eating.  Having a person tell them isn't going to make it happen.

Some of these kids grew up on Hamburger helper (with no hamburger) PB&J and Cereal. Not everyone has been so fortunate in their lives. Do you really expect them to know anything about nutrition?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Some of these kids grew up on Hamburger helper (with no hamburger) PB&J and Cereal. Not everyone has been so fortunate in their lives. Do you really expect them to know anything about nutrition?

Not only that, but when you expect someone to put on 20+ pounds of good weight during the offseason, it is REALLY hard to do that without the right food.  Not only about the nutritionist...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

As I recall, Lynch stated that he lost weight intentionally so he could be faster and quicker.   I guess he has changed his mind and somehow it was all USF's fault?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Bottom line, he didn't produce for us. He was undiciplined and caused a ton of penalties. His draft stock was higher before last season than it was at the end. He has to take a shot at someone. He has to blame USF, otherwise, he would be forced to blame himself and hurt his stock even more. If he can get the NFL scouts to believe that USF held him back, then his "up side" looks much much better.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Not everyone one of these kids grew up in poverty either.

I think it would be wise for USF to hire a nutritionist, but the staff should be responsible for covering the basics.  My high school coaches covered the base points of nutrition (wrestling, football, and track).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not everyone one of these kids grew up in poverty either.

I think it would be wise for USF to hire a nutritionist, but the staff should be responsible for covering the basics.  My high school coaches covered the base points of nutrition (wrestling, football, and track).

Staff nutitionist or not, I find it hard to believe any D1 school does not have a set of recommended weekly menus for each sport. The it's up to the students to follow the recos.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Bottom line, he didn't produce for us. He was undiciplined and caused a ton of penalties. His draft stock was higher before last season than it was at the end. He has to take a shot at someone. He has to blame USF, otherwise, he would be forced to blame himself and hurt his stock even more. If he can get the NFL scouts to believe that USF held him back, then his "up side" looks much much better.

Just like we held JPP back on his one & done?  Yup...laughable.