• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has highest rated non-P5 2014 recruiting class

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,709
  • Days Won:  424

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season.  There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot.  We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Hard to be a Nancy with the run we are on, huh, Data?

Just a realist.  It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy".  So what?  Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got.  Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were.  It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry.  Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement.  Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

The unbridled excitement over a mediocre class several weeks ago was complete green and gold goggles thinking.

I've never really understood the psyche of people who get their kicks trying to rain on other people's parade ... 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

Max Lang could not crack the starting lineup last two years and that was the worst O-line in bulls history. I'm hoping hall or someone else can grab the starting LT spot this coming season.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season.  There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot.  We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Just a realist.  It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy".  So what?  Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got.  Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were.  It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry.  Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement.  Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

The unbridled excitement over a mediocre class several weeks ago was complete green and gold goggles thinking.

reach-for-success-motivational-speaker-s

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I would be absolutely shocked if we pull a LT in this class that starts this coming season. There is a small chance you can get an OLine guy from a Juco that is ready to start, but having that guy be a LT is an even longer shot. We need someone currently on the roster to step up next year and grab the bull by the horns.

Just a realist. It's all great to say "Wow we might get this guy", or "Taggart is doing great because we might get this guy". So what? Over the last three years there have been lots of great recruits we almost got. Kind of ridiculous to be excited a month ago, though some were. It's looking reasonably good, but let's not be too excited until the ink is dry. Even then, we have to start seeing them on the field against real D1 competition before we pass judgement. Plenty of highly thought of recruits will do zero on the field their entire college career.

I've never really understood the psyche of people who get their kicks trying to rain on other people's parade ...

Who knew you were such a softie?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

With a ranking of 39 on 247, we must be ranked ahead of quite a few P5 schools as well.

This is amazing considering our record the last few years.

Now CWT needs #dosomething on the field.

Was this ranking before or after Marlon Mack commited?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I've never really understood the psyche of people that try to convince me the sky is blue when it is dark grey.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Max Lang could not crack the starting lineup last two years and that was the worst O-line in bulls history. I'm hoping hall or someone else can grab the starting LT spot this coming season.

Based on input from those who played against him in high school, I never expected Lang to crack the starting lineup.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

With a ranking of 39 on 247, we must be ranked ahead of quite a few P5 schools as well.

This is amazing considering our record the last few years.

Now CWT needs #dosomething on the field.

Was this ranking before or after Marlon Mack commited?

Before.

While listed on the USF page, he is still labeled as "warmer" instead of committed

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,709
  • Days Won:  424

I've never really understood the psyche of people that try to convince me the sky is blue when it is dark grey.

That's the point, nobody's really trying to convince you of anything. If you don't want to see people optimistic about the future, don't come to a recruiting board ...