• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has highest rated non-P5 2014 recruiting class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Didn't read Shockley was referencing espn not rivals. Although they all have similar weightings towards the top ranked kids.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Sorry, I missed the part at signup for this site where "original thought" as some average joe defines it, was required.

When you stay stupid stuff like you're going to sue the recruiting services, expect to be met with derision from me.

Stlll waiting

Didn't read Shockley was referencing espn not rivals. Although they all have similar weightings towards the top ranked kids.

link?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Scout just dropped us to 48, after losing LeGrand.  Another reason to dislike Scout.  We lost more points losing a middle of the road JC LB than we gained landing a stud RB in Mack.

Dumb...but Cincy picked up a 3 star TE, and they are now Scout's highest rated non-P5 (but they have 28 v our 25).  Our avg stars are a bit higher.

Lots of ground to cover in the next few days...now we have 6 slots, best guess.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Looks like they jumped the gun on that one lol

Good job scout. This is why you are the 3rd best recruiting site, out of 4.

Let's see if we go back to where we were. 

BTW, they have Mayes as NR, whereas ESPN has him as 4 star.  Big gap.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I got all excited when USF had a top 25 class. Still waiting on a conference championship.

*****? :D

We get it, let's wait until these recruits sign and then play to see if they pan out. We're just happy that we're pulling together a great class so far (sub 40). Would you rather us be ranked in the 50's, 60's or 70's so yo could then complain how Taggs isn't recruiting well? I have a feeling no matter what the circumstances, you'd find a way to complain about our class so far.

Point is it doesn't matter what it's ranked, it's what's done with the team. Look no farther than the BCS games and see those playing in the games with lower ranked recruiting classes.

Let's see if we go back to where we were. 

BTW, they have Mayes as NR, whereas ESPN has him as 4 star.  Big gap.

Here is my take. There are too many recruits and too few doing the ratings and those doing the ratings are using different criteria and into this mix goes the subjective variables and personal bias. So yeah, the best talent that sticks out will be at the top but with thousands of schools and only so many doing the rankings they will never be correct for the rest. On guys 3 is another's 4 and some ranked a 4 by one may not have even had a chance to be ranked by another company.

I got all excited when USF had a top 25 class. Still waiting on a conference championship.

We get it, let's wait until these recruits sign and then play to see if they pan out. We're just happy that we're pulling together a great class so far (sub 40). Would you rather us be ranked in the 50's, 60's or 70's so yo could then complain how Taggs isn't recruiting well? I have a feeling no matter what the circumstances, you'd find a way to complain about our class so far.

Point is it doesn't matter what it's ranked, it's what's done with the team. Look no farther than the BCS games and see those playing in the games with lower ranked recruiting classes.

That's obvious...the star system is flawed, and the NFL has plenty of 2 stars or relative hidden gems (from USF alone, Allen, Selvie & Raymond).

But I think it's still to think that rankings don't matter...and of course, you have to develop & coach them.  But it starts with getting talent (whether is untapped or obvious).

That's obvious...the star system is flawed, and the NFL has plenty of 2 stars or relative hidden gems (from USF alone, Allen, Selvie & Raymond).

But I think it's still to think that rankings don't matter...and of course, you have to develop & coach them.  But it starts with getting talent (whether is untapped or obvious).

I think you can have average talent and if they have a great work ethic and great coaching, they can seem extraordinary. And I think the opposite is true. You can have great talent but that doesn't insure success without great coaching and practice.

I think you can have average talent and if they have a great work ethic and great coaching, they can seem extraordinary. And I think the opposite is true. You can have great talent but that doesn't insure success without great coaching and practice.

We're in violent agreement.  Teams like Boise St , Utah, TCU have fielded successful teams will lower rated classes.  Obviously, we're hoping to get the talent, then get them to execute in the system.  I like the potential in this class, as is.