• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm ok with a quality 40K seat stadium.  But if it means an abomination like they have in Orlando, it is much better to stay in RayJay.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Future hinges on hiring of new AD

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/bulls-beat-future-hinges-on-hiring-of-new-ad-20140122/

Excerpt:

"The new AD must have the creativity and vision to address USF’s needs for an on-campus football stadium. Anyone who attended the USF-UCF contest in November saw how much that added to the atmosphere.

USF is fortunate to have Raymond James Stadium. But it isn’t a true home. The next game-changer is a 40,000-seat stadium that would invigorate the football program – and the campus."

Game-changer? Total bullcrap .... The atmosphere at the 2007 USF-WVU game was great. Winning will invigorate the football program and then we can worry about an OCS. New AD's top priority and focus should be to do whatever is needed to get the winning back on track.

+1

X1000

I can't understand why the university would ever want to be on the hook for a new stadium when they have a stadium that will host the NCAA Championship in '17. Any revenues generated by an OCS are going to be negated by the cost, so there is no net benefit anyway you measure it. Student attendance is so underwhelming for on-campus sporting events I can't see a huge increase in football attendance.

If the program begins to win and can schedule quality opponents then the attendance and environment will be there.

Yup

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

I am all for an OCS!!!! To hell with calling RJS USF's home!! 2007 was too long ago. Will not get to that level at RJS. Just the way it is. USF needs a new shot in the arm and an OCS is what can do that. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Tonight the attendance was really good considering the product on the court. In fact its been much better the past 2 seasons( since the renovation of the dome) than it has been in years.  Studies have shown that Shiny new facilities or brand new stadiums typically draw more fans in the first few years of opening or renovation( its up to the team at that point to win to keep the fans coming back).

So an OCS would generate some buzz and bring back some fans, But Winning is what will keep them coming back for years.  

USF needs to worry about winning right now. 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Tonight the attendance was really good considering the product on the court. In fact its been much better the past 2 seasons( since the renovation of the dome) than it has been in years.  Studies have shown that Shiny new facilities or brand new stadiums typically draw more fans in the first few years of opening or renovation( its up to the team at that point to win to keep the fans coming back).

So an OCS would generate some buzz and bring back some fans, But Winning is what will keep them coming back for years.  

USF needs to worry about winning right now. 

6,417 (announced) isn't really good when your hosting the 2013 NCAA Champions!

compared to years past it was REALLY good, Student were in the 300 LEVEL( That's the highest level in the bld).   The rest of the bld was basically filled in the 1st 2 levels.  New seating configuration only holds about 10,000 so it was over HALF full.

Were you there by any chance?

Plus the team sucks so bringing in that many considering the teams performance is REALLY good.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Please stop with remember that "ONE GAME IN 2007". That's the PAST! A signature moment in our HISTORY.

An OCS is a MUST if USF ever wants to move to the level everyone on this board, and I'm sure a lot more, wants our football game experience to reach.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No, an OCS is not a must.  There are plenty of schools at "that level" that do not have an OCS.  It may or may not be helpful or desireable.  But it is completely wrong to call it a must.  There are several off campus facilities for P5 schools.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684

please merge this elsewhere if needed

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685