• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ray Ray McCloud, RB, Sickles HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

He plays here Friday night. Some of his friends play here on Saturday night. And Clemson is on the road in Athens, Ga. at 5:30 Saturday afternoon.

I wouldn't read to much into that.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He plays here Friday night. Some of his friends play here on Saturday night. And Clemson is on the road in Athens, Ga. at 5:30 Saturday afternoon.

I wouldn't read to much into that.

hence "Not sure if this does anything for his commitment to Clemson".

But, better than him ignoring USF.  Hard to tell, but 2 sportswriters are saying there's a glimmer, so I'm Taggart is holding out hope.

Even if Clemson isn't good this year, others will be chasing.  The only hope we have to show enough promise on the rise to make staying home & building something a sweet sell.  Ya never know...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I just don't see it yet. We're going to have to win a lot of games. I think he wants a reason to commit here, but right now it feels more like he's a casual USF fan who knows he has better opportunities elsewhere. 

If we keep getting him on campus and he continues to attend football games, I won't rule it out. But the chatter behind the paywall is that he's coming on Saturday to cheer on Josh Black mainly. 

I just don't see it yet. We're going to have to win a lot of games. I think he wants a reason to commit here, but right now it feels more like he's a casual USF fan who knows he has better opportunities elsewhere. 

If we keep getting him on campus and he continues to attend football games, I won't rule it out. But the chatter behind the paywall is that he's coming on Saturday to cheer on Josh Black mainly. 

That's all cool, and no one is chilling the champagne bottles just yet.  Getting him around the team, close to his pals...that appeal could pay off.  If we weren't in his backyard, we'd have absolutely no shot.  And maybe the odds are miniscule.  But keep him around...maybe he sees the appeal.  Worst case...we get a local kid to come out and support our Bulls.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

That's all cool, and no one is chilling the champagne bottles just yet.  Getting him around the team, close to his pals...that appeal could pay off.  If we weren't in his backyard, we'd have absolutely no shot.  And maybe the odds are miniscule.  But keep him around...maybe he sees the appeal.  Worst case...we get a local kid to come out and support our Bulls.

Maybe we should start a discussion about how his name is synonymous with one of the most heinous massacres in human history?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, and throw in a couple of extra platitudes for good measure.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Never a bad thing to have a stud recruit attending your games.

Yeah, and throw in a couple of extra platitudes for good measure.

Yeah, from the players & coaches...and sports writers.  If he sees we're on the rise, and that USF is a fit, I really do think it's possible.

However, I base my opinion solely on what I've read, as I have no idea what's in this player's head.  Someone retweeted something from him mom, saying don't read anything into his visiting USF.  That may mean something, or it could be to keep the Clemson fans in check.

Time will tell...for now, football in 3 days.  FINALLY.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Need to show Ray Ray and other top area talent that not only will USF be a winning program, but that it's a pipeline to the NFL after a couple years.

These blue chip kids care more about getting in and out so they can be drafted. If their skills can be out on display early, they may come.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Need to show Ray Ray and other top area talent that not only will USF be a winning program, but that it's a pipeline to the NFL after a couple years.

These blue chip kids care more about getting in and out so they can be drafted. If their skills can be out on display early, they may come.

May really be key in the next few years. Much better to have 3 years in and out players then to worry about red shirts. It is a dream but hopefully USF can still become that dream.