• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why are we not seeing Jordan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe he can try-out for a blocking FB on the Football team?

I kid... BUT, it would be fun to watch!

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

why is he on the team than

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Big bodies are hard to find. If nothing else it give Perry anb Egbunu a HUGE person to practice against.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I think he's on the team because it's not everyday you come across a 7'3 giant. In my opinion, I think Heath took him on as a project. He barely has to jump, if at all to reach the basket. His knees just look really bad. Not sure if it's because he is so big or he is still trying to learn to pivot. If we want to play fast-paced basketball, we can't do it with him. We would have to go back to slow-paced basketball(which we still do from time-to-time, but that's a different discussion). No way he could keep up running back and forth for even 6 minutes without being absolutely exhausted.

The topic of OMG is a good topic and smazza raises a good point. If you have seen this guy play at all, then you know there is no way he deserves a scholarship at Division 1 level. However, his size gives him an exception. Who knows, maybe they continue to work with him and in 2 years maybe he's playing 10 minutes a game and is a part of some big posessions for us. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

OK, here is the thing.  He was good enough to take up a scholarship at this school.  He was good enough to play on an AAU team that all members received D-1 scholarships.  He had more playing time last year. 

I was a season ticket holder last year, I see how clumsy he is on the court.  My issue here is the only way you get better on the court is to PLAY in games.  We have missed the opportunity.  Why was he not played during the FAMU, the Stetson, the scrub games.  The ones that he could have learned in and would not cost us a conference game. 

He is not a shooter, agreed, he was much better at taking the inside dunk in his one game this year.  Besides, what I said was put him in to tire out the opposing center.  You lean him up against their big man, he is going to tire and/or foul.  We have nobody that posts up a defensive position on the squad and can hold it.  Let him play 5-7 minutes a side and break down their inside man to break up the inside game.  Lord knows Allen at 6'1" is the only one now willing to stand up inside and take that punishment.  Let the beast do his job.  If he cannot play, cut him and find a man who can.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

Were you a season ticket holder last year? Did you see this guy play at all? He looks like he can barely run, has minimal basketball moves and IQ and just isn't very productive. Surprisingly, he does get pushed around or he is very, very quick to foul. I had high, high hopes for him 2 seasons ago anxiously awaiting the following season to see this 7'3 behemoth. Then I saw him play the following year as a RFr...

I hope he continues to develop as a player as he has not been playing the game long. However, this is only Egbunu's 4th year playing organized basketball and look at him. Not all can be all-star athletes like him though.

Regarding the part about you wanting OMG to come in instead of Perry. I seriously hope you mean that you would rather see Egbunu and Perry already out there AND THEN have OMG come in because to not ask Perry to come in for Egbunu otherwise is just plain crazy. That kid is just as talented and he has so far to go too. He's got some weight to lose and a little bulking up to do. He can't run up and down the floor like Egbunu can yet, but I believe he can be just as talented.

OMG is a fan favorite and is cheered every time he steps on the court. This isn't because he's some great player. I think it's more that it's so cool that we have a GIANT on our team and we want to see this big guy ball out. He's made a play here and there, but the bad seriously outweighs the good on this one. I really like the guy, he just cannot play the game. We can't even do a simple feed down low and a layup or slamma jamma with him. 

I did like how we tried to use him as a wall for the last inbound pass against FGCU. However, that didn't turn out so well, but we still pulled off the W due to the .3 sec rule.

I  meant Perry, to wake his ass up earlier in the season when he was the number one fan on the court instead of engaged in the game.  If he has talent, play him, use the asset you are paying for, or find someone who can.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

OK, here is the thing. He was good enough to take up a scholarship at this school. He was good enough to play on an AAU team that all members received D-1 scholarships. He had more playing time last year.

I was a season ticket holder last year, I see how clumsy he is on the court. My issue here is the only way you get better on the court is to PLAY in games. We have missed the opportunity. Why was he not played during the FAMU, the Stetson, the scrub games. The ones that he could have learned in and would not cost us a conference game.

He is not a shooter, agreed, he was much better at taking the inside dunk in his one game this year. Besides, what I said was put him in to tire out the opposing center. You lean him up against their big man, he is going to tire and/or foul. We have nobody that posts up a defensive position on the squad and can hold it. Let him play 5-7 minutes a side and break down their inside man to break up the inside game. Lord knows Allen at 6'1" is the only one now willing to stand up inside and take that punishment. Let the beast do his job. If he cannot play, cut him and find a man who can.

I agree with you, but OMG wasn't playing in the scrub games because they were tight and we barely won most of those. Can't fault Stan for playing Egbunu and Perry when the W is on the line.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Perhaps promises of early PT for the big time freshman recruits are keeping him off the court? More likely that the other two are just better than he is right now... take away Perry and Egbunu scoring down low and what do we have? Not much.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We haven't played any "scrub" games this year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I think he's on the team because it's not everyday you come across a 7'3 giant. In my opinion, I think Heath took him on as a project. He barely has to jump, if at all to reach the basket. His knees just look really bad. Not sure if it's because he is so big or he is still trying to learn to pivot. If we want to play fast-paced basketball, we can't do it with him. We would have to go back to slow-paced basketball(which we still do from time-to-time, but that's a different discussion). No way he could keep up running back and forth for even 6 minutes without being absolutely exhausted.

It's done all the time when you find a tower. Sometimes works, sometimes a bust but you can hardly blame Heath for trying to develop a huge kid like this into a lane presence. Good comments all, LM!