• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone Hoping UCF Wins Tonight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Herbstret in the in game ESPN chat says he wasn't surprised at all about the game, has been talking about them for weeks.

Factoid. With the win the Big East/AAC equals the Big XII with 9 BCS wins. 

slmandel

For all the jokes it takes, the Big East/AAC will tie the Big 12 for BCS wins (nine) if UCF holds on.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

First non-Orlando article saying UCF deserves a place in a P5 conference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ucf-beats-baylor-fiesta-bowl-prove-belongs-061722540--ncaaf.html

And Blake Bortles goes from relative unknown to super star.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/this-is-what-happens-when-you-let-blake-bortles-do-whatever-he-wants-010114

I think the leaders of the AAC need to hop on this and start promoting the conference like they did around the time of the meetings. It certainly can't hurt nor make it worse. Try and spread the good press of UCF to the rest of the conference.

That article didn't say anything close to them deserving a place in the P5. Put it back in your pants.
Please explain what this quote means to you then:

But more importantly, UCF showed that it belongs in the among the automatic qualifying teams.

Or this one:

It’s time to give UCF a seat at the table.

Saying they deserved to be there or deserved their place in the game despite the perception of the AAC was the point of the article. But feel free to interpret it as, "The SEC would be lucky to have UCF."

A seat at the table means that to you? Riiiight. For just one game? Riiight. Now go away, you can beat the Big XII champ but you suck? Riiight. None say they deserved to be in the "game". At the table doesn't mean one game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/92311/instant-analysis-ucf-52-baylor-42

What UCF learned: It belongs. Few outsiders wanted to give the American Athletic Conference champs much credit entering the game -- the Knights were a 17-point underdog -- but that chip on their shoulder proved ample motivation. UCF dominated early then coughed up the ball on three straight plays. For most teams, that might’ve been a dagger. The Knights never wavered. The resiliency proved this was no fluke. UCF belonged on the big stage, and Bortles and Johnson are legitimate stars. Add in a young, hungry defense, and the conference affiliation means nothing. UCF is good.

Here's SI's take:

"the new-look College Football Playoff system...might be UCF’s best chance to remain in the national conversation for years to come."

Though your article on Yahoo from the woman who brought us, "The Tampa Bay Times mistook Mark Stoops for Jimbo Fisher, Fisher’s wife tweets about it" and "Johnny Manziel’s sister got fired up over an abusive Duke fan" is hard hitting journalism and she clearly speaks for the entirety of major college athletic programs debating adding a new member to the club.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

All that article says is did UCF belong in that game, and as a representative of the often bashed Big East/American conference, yes, they did prove they belonged among the other BCS AQ teams, THIS YEAR.

I'd be fine if UCF got an invite to the Big 12 or ACC or whatever ends up happening. If they go on a 10 year Boise State run (possibly with a coaching transition in there at some point), pack their stadium to the point they actually DO need to expand it (I know there are plans for more seats but not sure it's necessary just yet), improve their other sports to a point of being consistently average, raise their academics, travel well, and capture more TV market eyes in their region...then yes.

But all of these knee jerk reactions to them having one good season are starting to become really irritating. Yes, they had some good seasons recently in CUSA, but it remains to be seen if they can continue to be a top 3 team in the AAC in the years coming. After Bortles, after their RBs leave, after GOL leaves. And they still have to raise their academics and improve other aspects. Right now, their addition to a Big 12 would be akin to WVU...but I guess in the end, colleges are no different than the average joe who'd take a big paycheck to take a long commute to a job they get crapped on at.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

...but I guess in the end, colleges are no different than the average joe who'd take a big paycheck to take a long commute to a job they get crapped on at.

Thanks for summing up the way I feel about the B12. If offered, we don't turn it down, but we're NOT going to like the way we look, I GUARANTEE it.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

All that article says is did UCF belong in that game, and as a representative of the often bashed Big East/American conference, yes, they did prove they belonged among the other BCS AQ teams, THIS YEAR.

I'd be fine if UCF got an invite to the Big 12 or ACC or whatever ends up happening. If they go on a 10 year Boise State run (possibly with a coaching transition in there at some point), pack their stadium to the point they actually DO need to expand it (I know there are plans for more seats but not sure it's necessary just yet), improve their other sports to a point of being consistently average, raise their academics, travel well, and capture more TV market eyes in their region...then yes.

But all of these knee jerk reactions to them having one good season are starting to become really irritating. Yes, they had some good seasons recently in CUSA, but it remains to be seen if they can continue to be a top 3 team in the AAC in the years coming. After Bortles, after their RBs leave, after GOL leaves. And they still have to raise their academics and improve other aspects. Right now, their addition to a Big 12 would be akin to WVU...but I guess in the end, colleges are no different than the average joe who'd take a big paycheck to take a long commute to a job they get crapped on at.

Dennis Dodd, CBS sports just tweeted, New narrative for Newport, could FSU beat UCF? www.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs. I guess with OU beating Alabama there is going to be more speculation on how good UCF is.

Who would have thought that after Notre Dame fires O'leary he goes to UCF and in the BCS era has more BCS wins there than Notre Dame did in the same time period?

Point is, the negativity about this seems to be only coming from USF fans. Not all though as some scattered posts here and there point out good for them, hope we can do the same. Outsider programs shaking up the P5 can only be good for the rest of us.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

"Who would have thought that after Notre Dame fires O'leary he goes to UCF and in the BCS era has more BCS wins there than Notre Dame did in the same time period?"

He also has more winless seasons than Notre Dame in the same time frame.

UCF had their best-ever season in the one year they were in an AQ league, a league full of losers that only had the bid on a technicality. They did beat Baylor, so good on them for that, but it's one win. FSU would cream them. There's no reason to believe otherwise. I don't think Baylor would give FSU a game, so why would UCF beating Baylor but giving up 42 points in the process mean UCF would have a chance?

Five years ago, it was USF who had the bright future and UCF was stuck in la-la land. Now, it's the other way around. Who's to say it won't reverse again in a few years? Of course it will, and then it will flop again, and again... FSU right now is great, and Florida sucks, so does that mean it's always going to be that away? Of course not, you'd be an idiot to think that. Five years ago, the opposite was true.

UCF isn't going anywhere. They're still the same team. And still an easy target for jokes even in victory, or at least the guy bragging that the only BCS game to involve an Orlando school got the highest rating in Orlando for any BCS game certainly is.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Can FSU beat UCF? 

:roflmao:

It's good to be UCF right now.  We 've been there, subject to legend and yore, and hilarious rhetoric.  But, we're the old maid now.

I saw a Georgia State article yesterday that basically took everything they've said over the years to duplicate the USF program, now "Find and Replace" with UCF.  It's a great time to be a UCF fan isn't it?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Great season for UCF.

Boise has had many of them. Can the school in Oviedo repeat?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

From all the talk it sounds like we should be USiF. 

Can then win if Bortles leave

If GOL leave

If they keep winning big game.

Some of these comments make me embarassed to be a USF fan.  We're all excited and happy when we win big games and have a good season.

UCF just had a great season and all I see are ifs, excuses, and other garbage.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

From all the talk it sounds like we should be USiF. 

Can then win if Bortles leave

If GOL leave

If they keep winning big game.

Who said any of these? USF sucked this year, definitely the worst USF team ever, and they still could have easily won against the best UCF team ever, Bortles or not. I'm not worried about USF not being able to beat UCF.

The talk about losing key players is only to drive home the reality that one big win doesn't make them the Gators or something. This season is as good as it's ever going to get for UCF.

USF beat more impressive teams from 2006 to 2008 then UCF has in their entire history. Holtz wrecked everything, but USF will resume its rightful place as the teacher, and UCF will return to being the student. And, like real UCF students, they won't be very good at it.

Edited by gobulls83