• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench Collins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I liked Collins the last two years. He is a good player and could be a good starting guard in our conference.........but its time to realize that he has been passed by a better player in Allen. Collins is useless to us if he isnt playing PG and as an objective fan IMO the offense flows better through Allen.

We get killed on the boards when the two are on the floor, its time to make the tough move and start giving Collins less minutes. I see the tension on the sideline Collins got really angry the couple of times he was pulled. I am insterested to see how this plays out going forward, and want some opinions from my fellow Bulls.

Can we sit Collins down? Is it time he plays his 10-15 as a role player?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

agree Collins is more liability than asset this season.  How many points did he have? Last time I looked at the Video Board he had 2 points late in the game.  

He isn't the player he has been the last two years, Not sure if its the injury hangover or what?  He doesn't seem to be as aggressive and doesn't shoot the ball that often.

Not hating on Collins, seems like a nice kid and has given a lot to the program, but he needs to be refocused or sat.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I think his success had to do with him dominating the ball for much of the clock. Now that we have other guys who can create their own shots he isnt needed. He cant score, shoot, or rebound. If he isnt dropping dimes or dribbling throuh the D hes just standing there

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Seems like Allen needs to get all the minutes he can at this point. Last I heard, Collins isn't 100% healthy, so why not limit his minutes to give Allen a break until he's back to full strength.

I haven't seen every minute of every game but what I've seen, starting PG should be Allen.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I really like Collins but he is only diminished this season due to injuries.  Give him a little time to get it together and we wll have an unbeatable front court.  Patience guys!!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

They need to split the mins and not be on the floor at the same time.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I really like Collins but he is only diminished this season due to injuries.  Give him a little time to get it together and we wll have an unbeatable front court.  Patience guys!!

I hope it's injuries but he had healthy legs last season and struggled with some of the same problems we continue to see this right now. My biggest concern with him is his diminished defense that we saw last season and his lost quickness and speed that could be injury related. I do worry about him maybe having taken to much of a pounding the last 2 seasons to where his body and mind are just to fragile to pull it together again. Time will tell as there is a long season ahead.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

Isn't this great we are having a conversation about who our starting PG should be?

We've come a long way from Anthony Crater.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Agree on sitting him.  At least not starting him.

The offense is no longer geared around and/or dependent on AC.  In addition, he is not fully recovered from his knee surgery, which has definitely hampered his play.  He is more tentative driving to the basket and is a step slower than his 100% self.  With that being said...I can assure you that pulling him will diminish his confidence and possibly alter team chemistry. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

All very good points on here.  They substituted Brock at the end for defensive purposes and he drew the charge.  Collins and Allen on the court at the same time is just too small.  Been saying that from the beginning.  Hawkins got a lot of playing time and looked more comfortable last night.  Allen @ point,, Hawkins, Egbunu, Rudd and Brock looked to be a decent offensive group.