• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Florida Gulf Coast - What you need to know, Game Notes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If there was 0.4 on the clock that play was good. Fortunately there was 0.3

It's not like it was a shot that won the game.  It would have just caused triple overtime.  I think USF stood a better chance in 3OT as they looked a bit fresher.

Although the 100% chance of winning from the 0.3 vs 0.4 is still better than the perhaps theoretical 60-70% chance in 3OT

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The USF-FFCU game really separates those that know the game of basketball and those that do not.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The USF-FFCU game really separates those that know the game of basketball and those that do not.

Now that I know the rule (I didn't before last night) and the reasons for the rule (thanks to several TBP members), I think it's a fair rule.  Especially because apparently it was stipulated before the play that it needed to be a tap.  It takes the human element out of the equation and makes the final completely rule-based, which is about as fair as it gets. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Exactly.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

While I follow the games on other media (including the bullspen), there is no mention of the game at all on TBO.com (Tampa Tribune).  When I go to sports and USF schedule/results, the schedule for 2009-2010 comes up!  Very poor for a hometown newspaper.

Edited by 72bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Bullcast has the post game presser with Vic, Egbunu and CSH .... Most impressive comments was Rudd saying that rather than a lot of celebrating in the locker room afterward, they were trying to figure out what went wrong on that final play to avoid it in the future.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,708
  • Days Won:  108

Whyd they count the offensive foul basket?

I'm still trying to figure that out too. How do you call charging and give them the bucket?

If I remember correctly (and it has been a long, long time since I ref'd and it was high school not college) if the shot is totally out of the player's hand before he makes contact, you can count the basket and call the foul.  It wasn't an offensive (player control, I believe, in college) foul because he didn't have the ball, thus we got to shoot the 1 and 1 at the other end.  Just a best guess on my part.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Bullcast has the post game presser with Vic, Egbunu and CSH .... Most impressive comments was Rudd saying that rather than a lot of celebrating in the locker room afterward, they were trying to figure out what went wrong on that final play to avoid it in the future.

Thx for the link!